get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:13 pm

That is a prime looking coon!
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:04 pm

It has been a short spell since I cut a bitch up.....

20190908_190333.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Screenshot_20190914-232552_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:33 am

Attaboy fish felon! Enjoy your freedom and make the best of it. Plenty of us have tied ourselves down and would love some adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:53 am

What part of big sky country you in? What species are you after? Enjoy!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 am

"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:00 am

Fish Felon wrote:Had the good fortune of driving past a nice coon leaving town....fur is prime....going to case skin and tan it.

It'll be bitching.

Screenshot_20190907-175941_Gallery.jpg

Early Sept and you say the Coon is prime? What a idiot! I can tell by the lack of long black hairs that's its anything BUT a prime pelt. 2 months from now most are not even prime yet as it'll have a blue hide.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Early Sept and you say the Coon is prime? What a idiot! I can tell by the lack of long black hairs that's its anything BUT a prime pelt. 2 months from now most are not even prime yet as it'll have a blue hide.

The long black hairs you're referring to are called "guard hairs" in the industry....any fukcing moron that knows next to nothing about fur knows that.....so what's that say about you for not knowing that when I do?

Yeah, you're a regular 'Ol Jeremiah Johnson alright!

Have you ever been duck hunting on an early opener and flock after flock of mallards that are working you.......wait a minute, of course you haven't.

On opener when flock after flock are flaring despite being a hundred yards or higher and not having any intention of doing anything but keep going where they were headed as fast as they can on the shortest route to get them from point A to point B....

.....and flock after flock of these mallards flying way over head you're watching through your binoculars are brown for the most part, minus the occasional one a little bigger with a lighter belly and darker bib than the others and with a brown head similar to the rest. You know, a drake mature drake mallard that is ahead of the rest with their plumage coming in.

But Wait! What's That!?!?

Why it's a mallard drake without any need to look closely. The biggest, fattest, meanest and baddest drake mallard out of the thousands.....uh, several hundred you saw that day. Number one with a bullet!

Then you pull out you binos again because you see something he's dangling out behind him, like a loon flying with their feet out. What could it be? They're not orange like they would be if that big drake chose to fly with his feet stretched out for a bit, which would be kind of weird....but that's not it, and now you start getting the sense the explanation might be ever weirder. As you're thinking this bird shit hits your set of glass and is everywhere....all over your binos, all over your face, on your glasses, and even in your beard.

At that moment you realize it's not bird shit you got bombed with.....but a massive load from that number one boss drake mallard with a bullet. What was hanging behind him was his massive set of nuts. A truly exceptional specimen months ahead in the maturity of his plumage, and much farther ahead in every other conceivable category.

That raccoon I got?

Well, he had some pretty big nuts I had to cut off too when taking his pelt. My raccoon is akin to all other raccoons the same way that number one drake mallard made all the other drake greenheads that day....lacking.

Screenshot_20190919-083600_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:30 am

Man oh man....I sure wish my coon pelt had a few of those long black hairs h2ofwlr is talking about. If he says they're not there than I guess that's that....back to picking up roadkill despite having no clue what to look for....what I lack in his keen eye I'll just have to make up in volume. I figure if I pick up enough splattered, mangy, rotting road killed coons and just keep on skinnin' and fleshin' eventually odds are I'll pick one up with a few long black hairs. It's a really shity game of chance that requires a strong gag reflex but I got nothing else to do so fukc it.

Screenshot_20190919-092210_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:17 am

Show the INSIDE of the pelt - what color is it?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”