Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:41 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Ok, she's a very cute girl next door type that takes care of herself

Agreed----Thank You!!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:10 am

I had given Cousins the benefit of doubt, not any longer, he SUCKS, was shooting trap yesterday and a bunch of us were listening to the game when he threw that last pic, WTF was that, done with them Queens ............................................ AGAIN............................glad hunting season is right around the corner.............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 pm

I put as much blame on the coaches as cousins. Who decides to pass the ball on first down in the redzone when you just ran the ball down their throats the entire length of the field...

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I put as much blame on the coaches as cousins. Who decides to pass the ball on first down in the redzone when you just ran the ball down their throats the entire length of the field...

Because if the shot to the end zone isn’t there the QB just fires it out the back of the end zone and you run it down their throat on 2nd down anyways. The play call was fine, this one falls entirely Kirk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:03 am

Yep, the play call was fine, it's freaking first down, if Diggs is not WIDE OPEN throw the ball away, you still have 3 more downs to get it done, my kids hated the Cousins signing and I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt that if he got on a good team he would excel, no longer do I feel he will ever be a elite or even a good QB, I wish we had Keenum back right now and spent the extra money on better lineman . I'm thinking were closer to rebuilding than a Super Bowl...................................Go Wild !!!!!!! Go Twins !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 am

I was on the “cousins is statistically great on bad teams so he will put it all together” on a good team but that really just doesn’t seem to be the case. The guy gets the yips real bad. I’m so over guys like PA and Paul Charchian still being Cousins apologists. I had to unfollow John Kreisel on twitter as well because of his terrible sports takes.

I would have rather had Case for a lot less money than 3 years guaranteed for $84 million than Cousins.

I also really wish we didn’t use a 1st round draft pick for Bradford but that’s in the past. And I really wish we would have drafted Lamar Jackson instead of Mike Hughes, especially considering all the draft capital we’ve wasted on CB’s in the past.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:37 am

Cousins looks great.....

......as a weird looking white dude version of a stepford-man-wife-manakin standing behind a podium answering questions during preseason.

He's one of the best if not 'the' best when measured using those metrics.

Keenum had a little bit of gunslinger to him that every good QB needs. Funny how no one mentions that it wasn't like Keenum played behind an O-Line of pro-bowlers when he was here. He had much better at pocket presence than Cousins, doesn't shit his pants.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:23 am

I do like Keenum but I think he would have gotten Thielen murdered in the old NFL the way he floated passes to him in the middle of the field sometimes. Still like him tho.

People also say Keenum has been on 4 teams in 5 years or some shit like that so he must be bad, but he played on a terrible Broncos team last year.

Cousins is that Edina kid with all the best coaching and time to get better at throwing a football all year long because his rich parents want to live vicariously through their athlete son, but at the end of the day he just can’t put it together mentally.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Cousins is that Edina kid with all the best coaching and time to get better at throwing a football all year long because his rich parents want to live vicariously through their athlete son, but at the end of the day he just can’t put it together mentally.

Exactly! That was another point I was going to write in my last post but couldn't remember it to where it kind of pissed me off...so thanks for jarring my brain matter a little.

Cousins is the guy that's good because of his dedication to it....training, studying, making it his exclusive focus at all times. He's the type of guy that might narrowly beat you at something like foosball, juggling, javelin, or some random athletic activity or game that is very specific in it's niche that no one really makes their focus....they're just a random gym class activity one day that you're either naturally good or bad at.

If for some reason one of us faces Cousins in a charity challenge where you face off head to head in a niche sport neither of you have played before, he'll win because you showed fifteen minutes before, took a few practice tries, and then gave it a go......whereas he put twenty hours in during the week leading up to it over a regimented schedule of multiple hour blocks of time at different parts of the day to get different sun angles....with three different trainers of various backgrounds but all of championship pedigrees, he's had his people put together material for him to read and watch going over the history and evolution of the game, and have some inspirational quotes from the game's HOF'ers made into some wall coverings and hung around his home for motivation.....that type of deal.

He's the Edina kid who's only good because they invested a shitload of time and money into having him be good.....and he's good, but not great, and I remember playing those types and even when they won you thought they were total losers.....since they committed themselves that much and were just marginally better.

I feel like I could beat Kurt Cousins in some random athletic activity that we both had never played......like we drew a piece of paper out of a hat full of them and it read "curling" on it....I feel like we could go to a curling club, have someone explain how to curl, demonstrate it, go over the rules of the game go Kurt and I before we both played for our first times.....and I win that match.

He doesn't have shit for instincts as a quarterback. You can tell what's going through his head when he's on the field is a regimented run down of what he's supposed to do on that play.....that he's work his ass off to be able to precisely remember it. He's not actually thinking when he's playing----he's recalling the information that he's supposed to...like a robot.

That's why he does stupid shit like not throw the ball out of the endzone when it's first down. When what's happening on the field breaks down or deviates from what is supposed to happen Cousins literally has no idea what to do. The only thing he knows how to do is what he was told to do. He snaps the ball, then goes through his progressions for receivers on that particular play, if they're all covered....then I'm sure the coaches have specific directions at that point....like they anticipate pass rushers being to him by then so he needs to throw it away to a safe spot out of bounds 14 yards past the line or scrimmage....or some shit.

All I know, is all that Cousins will ever know is what the coaches program him to know. The guy is a fukcing moron....a smart sounding and very well polished moron, but a moron.

Listen to him talk....when he's answering questions, which are softball same old bullshit questions, he has very little intelligence. I.E. wit, personality, charisma, humor, thinks on the fly and shoots from the hip, etc. He regurgitates the crap he knows when he's describing whatever play he's getting asked about and that's it. The "personality part" is the same thing, just regurgitating what he's trained himself to say when certain type of questions are asked, how to end a tense question about a bad interception with a light-hearted football anecdote.....if he was the best man in a wedding he'd read a book about how to be a best man so he knows what his duties, responsibilities, expectations are, and how to carefully write his speech that should include particular elements..........

........unfortunately there isn't a book about Quarterbacking in the NFL that can give you the intangibles Fran Tarkenton or Favre had.

That's what the squirmish on the sideline between Cousins and Thielen was about last season. Thielen was pissed because he was open and Cousins didn't throw it to him. Cousins argued thinking he was right because Thielen was two yards off the spot where he was supposed to be on his route and where Cousins checks him when going through his progressions on that play. Thielen got bumped off a little due to how he was covered, but still broke it and was WIDE OPEN, but when Cousins went to him on his progressions he either didn't see him, or saw him and didn't throw to him because he was told not to.......

......I'm guessing Cousins saw Thielen wide open but didn't throw to him because he was following what he was told to do verbatim.

"If the receiver isn't open at this exact spot then continue through the rest of the progressions on this play."

That's how big of a fukcing moron Kurt Cousins is.....he chooses to not throw to a Wide Open receiver and get an automatic first down or more......because the receiver was slightly off the exact, exact spot and he was instructed to not throw there if he's not there.

Thielen should've been pissed. He's got a fukcing moron for a quarterback that's so stupid he thinks he's right for not throwing him the ball because he looked Thielen's way, sees him wide open, but then determines:

[Robot Voice]

"That's does not compute. Receiver one yard over from designated spot on play. Do not initiate throw and move onto checking the next receiver."
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:07 pm

The following figures sum up Cousins in big games: He has a 5-26 record against teams with winning records, a career road record of 13-24-2 and a combined prime-time record of 7-25. Since he became the Vikings' starting quarterback, Cousins has yet to lead a game-winning drive, a span of 18 games.

According to Pro Football Focus, Cousins is ranked 27th out of 27 qualifying quarterbacks in passer rating (76.5) inside the 10-yard line since 2017. He has completed 44.6% of his passes with the lowest yards per attempt (1.6).
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”