9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:33 am

Might as well start trading players away for top picks and start rebuilding as this POS Cousins is taking us NO WHERE.........and get rid of Zimmer and Spielman, start over from scratch......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:52 am

I think Zimmer and Spielman have done good but they’ve done enough bad to warrant being given their walking papers. There’s just been too many major blunders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 am

HnkrCrash wrote:When this is all over, the Kirk Cousins experiment will go down as a close 2nd, behind the Herschel Walker trade, as the worst personnel blunder in Vikings history.

At least Herschel had one spectacular play. Didn't he the first time he touched the ball run it back for a touch down and his shoe came off?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:25 am

Yesterday was pretty hard to watch...just pathetic. So I stopped watching and sliced and packs my bacon

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:43 am

Stute Slap wrote:
HnkrCrash wrote:When this is all over, the Kirk Cousins experiment will go down as a close 2nd, behind the Herschel Walker trade, as the worst personnel blunder in Vikings history.

At least Herschel had one spectacular play. Didn't he the first time he touched the ball run it back for a touch down and his shoe came off?

That run was Dirty!

I'm already ranking the signing of Cousin's as either a tie or slightly ahead of the Hershel Walker trade.

I guess you could argue that Darrin Nelson was a competent to above average running back and feeling the need to give up so much future draft equity for what they viewed as a big upgrade in acquiring Walker was akin to feeling the need to upgrade from a quarterback that just led your team to a 13-3 record and NFC Championship game appearance....

....you know, it's on the same level from the standpoint of being a terrible personnel idea/move, but the big difference is that Cousins was an unrestricted free agent so we didn't give up any draft equity.

The Hershel Walker trade is worse as a result. Giving up, what? Four first round picks?? FOUR!?! Was insanely stupid....resulted in the other side of the trade building a dynasty era for their team...one of the most dominant teams in NFL history.

So the trade was worse due to what was given up....BUT

I'd argue the personnel move of thinking you were making a huge upgrade from Keenum to Cousins was more misguided, a bigger blunder, and ultimately more wrong than the personnel move of thinking you were upgrading from Nelson to Walker.

Walker, at least that first season was a legitimate upgrade over Nelson. Cousins was not an upgrade over Keenum....not by a long shot. He was a HUGE downgrade.

Anyone who doesn't think that Keenum would have led the team to a 10-6 record last year, at a bare minimum....probably would've easily got us to 11-5...anyone who thinks differently for more than a second or two is a fukcing retard.

I don't care that Keenum hasn't looked very good Quarterbacking really shitty Broncos and Redskins teams. That isn't a valid argument.

We know for a fact what he did with our team---13-3. He was a Great QB for us.

Cousins with the same team...actually a better team on offense for sure since we had Cook playing most of the season last year and only had him for a game his rookie year. Technically, I don't think Case ever had the chance to hand the ball off to him once. Cousins goes 8-7-1 with the same team that Keenum went 13-3 with...that's a near-fact that's pretty hard to argue.

Kirk Cousins is a fukcing terrible quarterback. He's awful....absolutely God Awful.

His record against good teams proves that. He can't hold onto the ball. He has no poise....no leadership qualities....no instincts....no grit...he sucks.

Spielman and Zimmer got duped into thinking he was better after watching him stand on a practice field in shorts and a t-shirt while gunning it downfield at stationary targets....and probably to some receivers....receivers without pads on, not being defended, also in shorts, running fifty yard routes....

....and yeah, by that lone measure...he's a "better" QB than Keenum.

Unfortunately he can't do that successfully in actual games.

On PA this morning, they pointed out the same thing I pointed out when watching the game yesterday with my dad.....

.....the pass he made scrambling, pressured, and outside the pocket to Cook on their first series to get a first down was the most improvisational play we've seen out of him in what is now twenty games as our starter.

When the play breaks down and there is nothing?

With Cousins there is literally nothing. It's over. Best case scenario he doesn't turn the ball over or get sacked for a large loss of yards.

Good quarterbacks....Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, and Keenum playing for us....they make something out of nothing. At least often enough to help their teams win games they otherwise wouldn't have.

Keenum doesn't have an a rifle for an arm but he's got all the other intangibles, and still has a pretty damn good arm. Watch the Minneapolis Miracle play for the eight-thousandth time. You think Cousins has the ability to A) make that read and B) make that throw...under pressure...while under that kind of pressure....playoff game DONE and absolutely every last person in the world not on the team thinking they're toast?

Hahaha! Give me a fukcing break!! Cousins would have soiled himself right there on the field on national television prior to fumbling the snap.

Kirk Cousins fukcing sucks.

The team needs to recognize they made a huge mistake and get Keenum back.

That's something that is totally possible. They literally could go and get Case Keenum very easily right now. They probably could wrap Cousins up in a multi-team trade with very little if any cash and draft pick considerations involved.

Seriously, they need to get Keenum back....find a way to make it happen since it won't be very difficult.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:15 pm

I can't remember?

Does Cousins have a no-trade clause in his $84 million guaranteed contract?

If he does then we're fukced.

Time to fire Spielman, for sure, maybe Zimmer, and then blow this fukcer up.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Felon, you need to get your shit together and stop writing for free. I mean that as a compliment. Even tho some of your rants are void of facts and well.... reasonable thought entirely, they usually are super entertaining.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Felon, you need to get your shit together and stop writing for free. I mean that as a compliment. Even tho some of your rants are void of facts and well.... reasonable thought entirely, they usually are super entertaining.

agree

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Felon, you need to get your shit together and stop writing for free. I mean that as a compliment. Even tho some of your rants are void of facts and well.... reasonable thought entirely, they usually are super entertaining.

Yep
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm

I only watch a few games a year when I have nothing else going on. Watched yesterday's game with my old man. Picked a bad one to watch. Gotta give it to Chicago on dominating pretty much the whole the game. Seemed like most of our 1st downs were due to Chicago penalties. The score should have been a lot worse.

Cousins reminds me of Culpepper throwing to the check down receiver every time. I hated Culpepper from the start.

Think the Bears would trade Cousins for Daniel? He looked pretty damn good.

Yesterday's game made me glad I don't follow the vikes seriously like I used to. Same ole. QB and coaching have always been the main issues.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”