lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Felon, you need to get your shit together and stop writing for free. I mean that as a compliment. Even tho some of your rants are void of facts and well.... reasonable thought entirely, they usually are super entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:lol:

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:53 pm

Would be funny to see the Nielsen Ratings in MN for that game..... guessing the graph would resemble the trajectory of objects falling from space.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Fish Felon wrote:I can't remember?

Does Cousins have a no-trade clause in his $84 million guaranteed contract?

If he does then we're fukced.

Time to fire Spielman, for sure, maybe Zimmer, and then blow this fukcer up.

Not sure there is a team out there that would trade for or take Cousins..........and I'm all for Zim and Spielman to hit the road, NFL has changed and Zim is too old school, start trading and rebuilding...........again
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 pm

It could have easily gone differently but cousins is just not all there. Just overshooting Thielen at the end of the 2nd half...if we could have scored on that drive and not fumbled the ball right after the half, maybe scored a few points.would have been right there.

I dunno what it is but at least no one in the division seems much better than us to pull away

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:53 am

No one needs to pull away. We can finish last in the division one or two games behind the Packers, and the LIons, and the Bears.... OMG. We suck horribly.

Of course, this is only motivation for the team to come back and win so they can say, "Everyone doubted us....."

god I hate that.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:03 am

I know it’s Wobschall’s job to be the vikings hype man. But he actually was touting the “years where zimmers teams have been predicted to bad they always seem to do good” as a serious case for this team to win a lot games before the season started.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:14 am

Wobby---PA's parrot---Rah-ark! Rah-ark! Terrible, terrible take.

The Bears game was a beat down. We got depantsed, spanked, and then bitch-slapped. The strength of this team, of any Zimmer team, is supposed to be the defense. That game was the most pathetic showing by our defense I've seen in a long time. Yeah, Chicago only put up sixteen but it might as well been sixty with how much they dominated the time of possession. The Vikes had two...TWO!...possessions in the first half. Our defense couldn't get a very average Chicago offense led by their second-string QB off the field. Our defense was fukcing terrible! No determination....sloppy...penalty after dumb penalty....they sucked.

We're not getting past the Bears in the division. We couldn't beat them at home the last game of the season to get into the playoffs....and they were resting a bunch of their starters and literally had nothing to play for....they didn't care if they won the game....it affected their postseason in no way whatsoever.

The Vikings are an 8-8 team that will finish two or three games back in the division.

There's nothing worse than being an 8-8 team. You either need to get better, and if you can't which we can't? Then it's time to choose to get worse. Concede to being what you are and start rebuilding.

This is supposedly a good draft class for QB's and we need one. I'd rather be picking four through eight versus sixteen, which is where an 8-8 team gets to pick. It's time to find ways to lose two or three more games....starting on the road to Danny Dimes and the Giants this week.

Or get Keenum back and try to get better...be a 10-6 or an 11-5 team and try to win the division.

We can get Keenum back. He's benched in Washington for their rookie which was inevitable. I don't know what the cap hit is for reacquiring him but I'm sure he'd be willing to rework whatever his contract is to get back on our team as starter. Flip the 'Skins a fourth round draft pick for their troubles and let's make this happen.

Time to make Cousins the highest paid backup in NFL history. Bench the fukcer. Who gives a shit about what he's getting paid.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:16 am

I don't typically wish ill on people, but sometimes, when I'm stuck in traffic, I think to myself, "I hope it's not an accident, I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt.... unless it was PA...."

My god I can't listen to that shtick anymore. It's been brutal for awhile, but the new "Can I get a witness?!" makes my ears bleed.

PA does seem like a good dude in person, he was SUPER cool with my kid, so I don't wish an accident on him in a REALLY bad way, but maybe just enough that inflection in his voice changes and he doesn't talk like such a bro-backward hat white frat Vanilla Ice play-by-play guy.

Bursich and Lieber keep me half-ass interested in commentary, amazing when it comes from people that actually KNOW the game, except Greg Coleman. He and PA apparently went to the same school of alienating listeners with bad inflection, hooks, and tag lines.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:26 am

lanyard wrote:I don't typically wish ill on people, but sometimes, when I'm stuck in traffic, I think to myself, "I hope it's not an accident, I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt.... unless it was PA...."

My god I can't listen to that shtick anymore. It's been brutal for awhile, but the new "Can I get a witness?!" makes my ears bleed.

PA does seem like a good dude in person, he was SUPER cool with my kid, so I don't wish an accident on him in a REALLY bad way, but maybe just enough that inflection in his voice changes and he doesn't talk like such a bro-backward hat white frat Vanilla Ice play-by-play guy.

Bursich and Lieber keep me half-ass interested in commentary, amazing when it comes from people that actually KNOW the game, except Greg Coleman. He and PA apparently went to the same school of alienating listeners with bad inflection, hooks, and tag lines.

I laughed out loud reading that---Great Take!

I've gone back and forth on PA and right now the pendulum has swung far to me really liking him. I think I've taken him way too seriously when I haven't cared for him. He really is just the ultimate rube. Having Nordo as his producer is the best thing that ever could have happened to him. How big of an improvement he is over tiny Joe can't be understated. Nordo is freaking awesome.

Leber and Bersich are great, Leber especially, and agree that Coleman sucks. At least PA offers some substance with his schtick and I find it to be subtly hilarious. Coleman is a blowhard with no schtick....he is what he is and it isn't creative, funny, ironic, or anything else even kinda-sorta having redeemable qualities.

Can I get a witness? Amen!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:45 am

lanyard wrote:I don't typically wish ill on people, but sometimes, when I'm stuck in traffic, I think to myself, "I hope it's not an accident, I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt.... unless it was PA...."

Everything PA does gets on my nerves. His schticks and gimmicky lines get so old. I heard him say “fairness in ..... act” or “..... related terrorism” way too many times. Can’t stand him.

Interesting you said he seems cool in person, everyone who I know who has met said he acts like he’s the hottest shit around. I know people who have served him a B Dubbs on his Friday football feast and the guy doesn’t tip at all, after getting everything for free.

I do really like Leber and Bersich tho.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”