9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

Fish Felon wrote:Not to make further excuses, but the area I was in....in East Central MN....doesn't have much going for it. The amount of single women is next to zero. Unless you're counting ones with four kids, ones that weigh four-hundred pounds, or ones that only have four teeth....or in many cases they four kids, weigh four-hundred pounds, and only have four teeth....the tri-fecta that makes them still available.

LOL....Felon you should write a book..................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:02 pm

^^^I'm actually writing one. I've got a feeling it might become a NY Times bestseller once everything goes down and I shock the world....taking down the fortune 100 company that destroyed my life....tried to kill me...shut down my business without notice by placing armed security at it...shipped my entire office space to my house, dead office plants and all...and placed a security detail on me for five weeks that caused my entire neighborhood to freak the fukc out me to go from paranoia to schizophrenia.

Vikes predictions----they get beat handily in NY and start considering tanking for a higher draft pick, and drafting a QB.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Good on them. Thought they were going to suck it away after the Cook fumble, but somehow Cousins managed to hold into the ball the 2nd half.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Cousins beat a .500 team!

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:00 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Cousins beat a .500 team!

Yeah, and the rookie QB and rookie WR tore the defense up for a couple of runs. Thought for sure we were providing ESPN their Monday Morning highlight reel of NYG rookies setting franchise records ....

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:50 am

The Vikings are going to beat teams like this on their way to an 8-8 record. If they beat the Eagles next week I’ll be convinced we are on the right track. We need to win as many games as possible before the Chiefs game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 am

Man, my predictions are awful.

How often does a team score 28 points?

Very often. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the most common point total....teams put up 28 more often than any other point combo.

How often do they do it with a safety, four field goals, and two TD's?

Not that often....especially when it's the Vikes going four for four on field goal attempts.

It was an OK win. At times I thought NY looked pretty formidable on offense, but then again at least a couple of their drives only happened as a result of penalties prior to them stalling out in the red zone. Like when they kicked a field goal, drew a flag on it, got a new set of downs on the five, and then got pushed back to the thirty on the ensuing couple of plays, only to wind up kicking a field goal anyways.

The amount of flags thrown and the new plays allowed under review have made the games much less enjoyable to watch. There is way too much shit getting called that shouldn't....stuff that's being penalized that didn't affect the game. Like that pass interference called on Rhodes. The Giants receiver ran into him while he had his arms waiving in the air.

That type of shit I don't mind so much when it's the first or second down sometime in the first half and they have the ball in their own territory. If the refs want to throw a flag on a ticky-tack penalty? Do it then.

Don't do it when it will extend a drive, especially late in the game. The amount of holding calls made late in games that have given teams a new set of downs when otherwise they'd be forced to punt or kick a field goal has been insanely high this year.

I don't think that type of shit should ever be called late in games or to extend a drive when it absolutely didn't affect the outcome of the play. If the receiver still gets open and then drops it or the QB throws a shitty, off-target pass, after the play worked by design? Then don't call a questionable defensive holding on the other side of the field away from the ball since it had nothing to do with changing the course of the game.

The refs needs to call whatever bullshit they feel like calling early, set a precedent, and make it so if they do call something lame late? At least they can say, "Hey, it's not like we haven't called that all game? We made it clear pretty fukcing early we'd be calling that type of shit."

I don't know....maybe it's just because I've watched more football this year than before, but I've noticed refs extending drives a ton. I can handle a 2nd and 10 becoming a 2nd and 5, but having a 4th and long become a new set of downs as frequently as I've seen it happen has really started to irk me.

Also, the ability to throw the challenge flag on wannabe pass-interference calls and the like is a bad idea....truly stupid. The league, as always, way overreacted to the no-call in the NFC Championship game and now we all get to suffer for it.

I also hate the fact that when reviewing stuff like if a receiver had control of the ball.....they get fifteen different angles of high-definition footage slowed down to one-thousandth speed.

It's total bullshit.

My suggestion is to allow them to review it from every angle---IN REAL TIME. Make them watch it again with the play going the speed of the game.

Every time a human being is shown catching a football and they make contact with the ground....the ball will appear as if it is jostled a little bit.

This is the result of what is called, "Phyics," and the laws of motion---for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Like when a 6'4" or taller TE that weighs 285lbs or more, and runs a 4.5-4.6 forty, slams into the turf.....

.....yeah, when you slow that down to a thousandth of the speed and look at it from various ultra-close angles? Yeah....Guess What? It's going to look like he didn't have full control of the ball....despite the fact he secured it, got up with it, and everyone watching in 'Real Time' was like, "Holy Shit! What a Catch!!!"

The worst one of multiple TD's I've seen them call as a touchdown, only to rule it incomplete after review was a Detroit score against the Chiefs. The next play the ball got turnovered to the Chiefs....can't remember if it was a fumble or a pick, but had it not been for RRR syndrome ("Retarded Referee Review") Detroit would have beat the Chiefs and won that game.

I'm not saying the Vikes don't have anything to worry about, I'm picking the Eagles to crush them just like they did a couple years ago in the NFC Championship game....house of horrors our team still has nightmares about that game and the bus ride after it.....but the Chiefs aren't that good. The refs have given them so many calls in the games I've watched of them it's sickening....

....and they're kind of my AFC team.

My favorite uncle is from Kansas City and he and my cousins have season tickets to Arrowhead and have for years....huge Chiefs fans....and my dad is going to the Vikes game with them in November. I'm actually thinking about going just to see what real tailgating is like but I don't know man.....not sure if I can handle watching their team win....

....and by that I mean the refs.

Maybe I'll tell my uncle I plan on showing up in a chiefs Jersey and then show up dressed like a zebra....or maybe just wear nothing but bright yellow...from head to toe, so I can tell all the Chief fans I'm obviously dressed as their best playmaker....

Flags are for Phags
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:06 am

I thought the QB for NY looked very good for being a rookie, thinking this kid has a bright future, NY was missing alot of people and it showed on defense, we moved the ball pretty much at will on them, if NY would of play actioned on the play where we got our safety I'm thinking someone would of been wide open as we brought the house on that play, good win against a team we should beat, next week will be a tough one as well.

Who would of thought that DaBears would lose to a team we destroyed couple weeks back in the Raiders after the Bears destroyed us, welcome to the new NFL, any team can beat a given foe on Sunday, never would of thought KC would lose to Indy last nite as well.......Go Vikes !!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:58 am

9manfan wrote:Who would of thought that DaBears would lose to a team we destroyed couple weeks back in the Raiders after the Bears destroyed us, welcome to the new NFL, any team can beat a given foe on Sunday, never would of thought KC would lose to Indy last nite as well.......Go Vikes !!!!!

Agree 100%. Look at GB demolishing the Cowboys in Dallas? I'm much more concerned about the Bears than I am the Packers playing them head-to-head....the Vikes beat themselves in Lambeau....we basically spotted them three TD's and still should've beat them.....

I thought Dallas was legit this year, just like everyone else, and picked them to easily beat GB. The packers took them behind the woodshed going up 24-0 and later 31-3 before Dallas scored some points in the second half of the third and fourth quarter that had already become garbage time.....did not see that one coming.....I'm just not impressed with the packers at all for some reason....

....ditto for not seeing the Raiders over the Bears coming either. Chicago is a weird team---the most unpredictable in the league I'd say in terms of being able to dominate anyone yet also get dominated by anyone on any given Sunday.

For whatever reason....they sure seem to have our number and have a hard-on every time they play us......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Cousins balls dropping? He's actually doing something even on plays where he's pressured a little. Hopefully a good sign but we need to see a few consistently good games

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”