Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Eulogy for a Duck Dynasty

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:02 pm

If h2ofwlr were here he'd recommend grabbing a box of tissues before reading this Outdoor Life article..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/eulogy-for-duck-dynasty/
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Eulogy for a Duck Dynasty

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 pm

What a bunch of idiots.

Publicly were NOT in favor of the early teal season, while their mission statement says "to expand hunting opportunities in MN" amazing how stupid these guys are, you suck now and you sucked in the "old days".

Nobody cares.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Oh please, make the pain stop. Enough already about this defunct organization. Make it really go away. They done themselves in years ago. Let’s just bury them and leave it at that.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Stute Slap wrote:What a bunch of idiots.

Publicly were NOT in favor of the early teal season, while their mission statement says "to expand hunting opportunities in MN" amazing how stupid these guys are, you suck now and you sucked in the "old days".

Nobody cares.

They make it sound like declining hunter numbers are at fault. No doubt numbers are falling, but those of us that would be members, are still hunting. If there was a worthwhile state waterfowling org., we'd support it. MWA...was not.
Dominate The Skies.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:04 am

Bullet21XD wrote:

Nobody cares.

They make it sound like declining hunter numbers are at fault. No doubt numbers are falling, but those of us that would be members, are still hunting. If there was a worthwhile state waterfowling org., we'd support it. MWA...was not.

Yup.

Delta going to Chapter Events the same time of the co-mingled funds kerfuffle was the mortal wound, but MWA never did itself any favors from that point forward, with the possible exception of an amazing ability to find a longer a shovel.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:51 am

Nobody cares.

Okaaayyy no need to be a sore winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Most likely the worst article I’ve ever read... and I’ve read plenty of Dennis Anderson, Wildfowl, Delta Waterfowl, and DU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

Nobody cares.

Okaaayyy no need to be a sore winner.

I don't get many victory laps but that article is soooo bad. First they paint themselves as being like legendary duck hunters on the path of self enlightenment and true gentlemen. Then they failed because of everyone else, absolutely no fault of their own - the last of a dying breed of duck hunting heroes. :roll:
Just go away. It's out of my system now.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Eulogy for a Duck Dynasty

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:32 am

I’ve read some of the dudes other articles he’s wrote for Meat Eater. The guy seems like a bit of a purist. He wrote about how auction tags go against the North American model of wildlife conservation which I found to be incredibly nit picky, especially considering Rinella did the One Shot Antelope Tournament lololol. Not surprising he’d slant the article towards it being about “the last duck men”

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:50 am

Oh wow, I didn't even know he wrote for Meat Eater. I generally like Rinella but he is dangerously approaching the pitfall of forgetting about the average joe hunter that really can relate to him. What happens to guys that are able to hunt for a living they inevitably start to get real self righteous and develop super high standards of ethics......like they talk shit about rich guys going on hunting/fishing trips yet they are going around with a camera crew and all the best gear/spots/intel etc.

All in all I'm a fanboy tho.

I don't like Cal, he is the most self righteous, ethics police of the group.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”