emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Cougar vs Car

Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Yep, this happened last year.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 pm

We'll wtf is the gf doing sending me year old articles...oh ya just read about this something about intuition

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:20 pm

She read it today, so it must have just happened.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Apparently...asked her when I got home if she knew when it was from...nope lol

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:21 am

Strangely, just yesterday the neighbor where I deer hunt said they saw a cougar go through their yard. I asked if they took a pic of the tracks in the snow and they hadn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 pm

I always think of the other Cougar when I read a thread title like this one......................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:08 pm

^^^^^^ Yup.

the other thing I think about is the whole DNR line, "They're just passing through.....", which started after, "They don't exist in MN" was corn holed by game cameras and dead cougars.

I read in Outdoor News that, apparently, some conspiracy theorists think the DNR is establishing a cougar population to control deer to make the insurance companies happy or some such.....

The DNR has enough trouble doing things they DON'T try to hide.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Better 9man?
car1.jpg
car1.jpg (44.36 KiB) Viewed 4971 times

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 pm

lanyard wrote:I read in Outdoor News that, apparently, some conspiracy theorists think the DNR is establishing a cougar population to control deer to make the insurance companies happy or some such.....

The DNR has enough trouble doing things they DON'T try to hide.

That same story has been told to me so many times by my Iowa relatives, and I've heard it numerous times fom guys in ND.

The caveat you're missing is that there's a friend of a friend of a friend that saw the Game & Fish, DNR, what have you parked in a remote area.....a parked pickup hauling an enclosed trailer, that for some reason had a couple small window openings towards the top covered either by bars or a grating.......so the guy goes up and stands on the fender and peaks down into the trailer, and big ass mountain lion jumped up snarled and hissed at him. Was so scared he almost shit his pants. I know right where the spot is and if the DNR was stock mountain lions it'd be the perfect place to release some.....

The person who this supposed account originated from is never identifiable, other than:

"Well, they're a friend of a friend of a friend.....live an hour away....got a cousin that lives in the same town that met the guy, says he has a buddy that works with the guy and knows him pretty well....says he's totally a standup no bullshit type of guy....wouldn't make up something like that....the guy is totally legit they told me. Tell you what....I sure as fukc am going to trust and believe them and what they say they saw versus whatever bullshit the DNR says to try an cover their ass. Fukcin' Eh right I believe the story is legit...."

As far as the insurance company portion of the conspiracy---retarded. Insurance companies don't give a shit about a slight uptick in comp claims due to more deer collisions. Even if there were several thousand additional claims one year due to an increase in deer numbers. Those claims are spread out across a shitload of companies. The total amount of loss tallied from that extremely unlikely scenario still wouldn't be enough for an insurance company to have to raise rates in terms of submitting a rate, form, and filing to the department of commerce to approve a rate change due to the increased risk of deer collisions contributing to not properly underwriting autos as a risk exposure in MN.

That's so fukcing dumb people actually think that's even possible for an insurance company to do anything, when they absolutely wouldn't care. It would register a zero on any scale used for what level of concern an insurance company would ever care about deer collisions.

News flash--insurance agents make their money via commission.....think they give a fukc if rates go up? It's take several major Blizzards that create several hundred vehicle collisions each day of the numerous weather events....with a lot of them being total losses before an insurance companies actuaries would be like, "We have a problem...going to have to dip into the reserves since we've underwritten way more losses than we based our premium schedule off of."

Then what do they---have to eat the losses? Hell No! They simply just raise their rates, cover it and operate back in the black very quickly, and their agents make more bank because rates went up and thus so did the value of their book of business.

Hahaha! I always loved that part of the DNR stocking the mountain lions story......it's at the behest of the insurance companies, because they're totally going to freak the fukc out over several hundred more deer collisions spread across the entire industry and costing them a smidgeon of the premium they took in that by law....has to be paid out on claims. Their whole goal is to take in the same amount of premium that they pay out in claims, with a cut of about 15% going to operating expenses overhead and paying out commissions.....

Good God people are funny.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”