Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Red lake ?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47 am

He’s one of my best buds from HS but he really pissed me off over this. Especially since he guilted me into driving all the way up to Red earlier in the week when I suggested we fish somewhere closer like Mille Lacs. WACK.

What’s really gonna piss me off is if I find out the resort owner didn’t end up charging my buddy anything and I paid full price.

I’ve found out My buddy had to pay $50 a night and we had to pay $120.

I should have just gave him some money and not drove up there. That way I could have aced the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Red lake ?

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 am

Hansen wrote:Sound like you need a new "buddy".

X2......would be a x buddy of mine in a hurry.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:12 pm

Sounds like someone got bamboozled but good!

And someone snookered someone to pay for his gas, got a discount, and he got the fish to boot! What a deal for him!!!!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:41 am

Wow.....your buddy is an asshole.... :shock:
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:51 am

I called him out on it yesterday and I said it doesn’t seem real fair that you paid $100 for a whole weekend and we get charged $120 for a single night and he agreed his “discount” should be split between so he threw me $65.

While he may come across as an azzhole he’s really not. He just a dummy sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:45 pm

^^^Good up on your part.

Most guys let stuff like that go unsaid, stay pissed, let things simmer....until they fester....

It sounds like that wouldn't have been fair to yourself to carry the resentment and have it linger.....

....and it wouldn't have been fair to your buddy either. If he truly was oblivious to how his actions were something that would be seen as a slight to most people. Like you said, a lot of people are oblivious much more often than they are mean-spirited and actually deliberately trying to take advantage of someone or pull a fast one to come out ahead a few bucks

Being someone that has been on both ends of that deal, a sincere good up for not being afraid to communicate your displeasure with what went down and to resolve it under the best case scenario for both parties.

It's ridiculous how much that type of shit gets left unsaid in passive aggressive Minnesota man........
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Fish Felon wrote:^^^Good up on your part.

Most guys let stuff like that go unsaid, stay pissed, let things simmer....until they fester....

It sounds like that wouldn't have been fair to yourself to carry the resentment and have it linger.....

....and it wouldn't have been fair to your buddy either. If he truly was oblivious to how his actions were something that would be seen as a slight to most people. Like you said, a lot of people are oblivious much more often than they are mean-spirited and actually deliberately trying to take advantage of someone or pull a fast one to come out ahead a few bucks

Being someone that has been on both ends of that deal, a sincere good up for not being afraid to communicate your displeasure with what went down and to resolve it under the best case scenario for both parties.

It's ridiculous how much that type of shit gets left unsaid in passive aggressive Minnesota man........

Even nationwide...imagine how many less shootings there'd be if somebody acted like a man and punched someone in the face for making fun of them right off the bat...instead of facing consequences for sticking up for themselves and repeatedly taking abuse til it turns I to a volcano?

Women just hold it in and go on the pill train. Huge problem in our society is complacent women...they didn't used to get prescribed pills for this shiz...they just dealt with it. Now they hold it in, get depressed, take pills that make them "happier" but don't want to have sex, therefore making males unhappy, which leads to two unhappy people and more often than not divorce...leading to unhappy children to continue the cycle.

F'ing ridiculous.

Know how many times I've accused customers of felony insurance fraud to shut them up LMAO. Amazing how quickly they tend to drop an issue when confronted with a felony...it's quite comical. Everyone's a tough guy til you speak up and call them out.

And texting about issues...fricking Christ. I won't do it I just respond call me,then they don't so I ask them face to face and it gets dropped like a bad habit. Friggen hilarious

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Threaten me with a lawyer? Oh I'm really scared dumbass, I've got business insurance and a very small likelihood of getting charged with a felony unless it's sexually related...which would never happen let alone with character witnesses for days. You on the other hand, thanks to ins co lobbyists, have a very good chance of getting charged with a felony if you can't even keep your story straight on the day the damage occurred lol

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:09 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:^^^Good up on your part.

Even nationwide...imagine how many less shootings there'd be if somebody acted like a man and punched someone in the face for making fun of them right off the bat...instead of facing consequences for sticking up for themselves and repeatedly taking abuse til it turns I to a volcano?

Women just hold it in and go on the pill train. Huge problem in our society is complacent women...they didn't used to get prescribed pills for this shiz...they just dealt with it. Now they hold it in, get depressed, take pills that make them "happier" but don't want to have sex, therefore making males unhappy, which leads to two unhappy people and more often than not divorce...leading to unhappy children to continue the cycle.

F'ing ridiculous.

Know how many times I've accused customers of felony insurance fraud to shut them up LMAO. Amazing how quickly they tend to drop an issue when confronted with a felony...it's quite comical. Everyone's a tough guy til you speak up and call them out.

And texting about issues...fricking Christ. I won't do it I just respond call me,then they don't so I ask them face to face and it gets dropped like a bad habit. Friggen hilarious

I couldn't agree more.

Bullying is a part of the human condition....it's in all of us....it's human nature. All it takes to remember this fact is watching two toddlers playing in a sandbox for five to fifteen minutes. Totally pure and free from any conditioning (AKA "manipulation") for how to behave they'll receive in perpetuity the rest of their lives....not even knowing how to speak yet.....representing the blankets of canvases for what is naturally inside all of us.....

One of those little fukcers will inevitably want the toy the other currently has and decide to take it by force.....not caring in the least when they start to cry and scream and stop them from taking it.

I got bullied as a kid, and I bullied other kids = the circle of life

Back in the day when an older kid in the back of the bus would make you his target, to where you dreaded having to get on the bus after school like you have dreaded few other things in life.....

....back in the day if that shit started on a Monday it was usually over after a dust up on the playground at recess, at a park after school, and if the bullying lasted longer than normal maybe it'd take until Friday until shit ran it's course and was all wrapped up.

In the end it was almost always a good thing from what I saw....experiencing it from both ends of the spectrum.

Nowadays they think they can bottle up that shit indefinitely under the misguidedly context that is a possibility. So instead of letting tempers flare, then subside, all part of a natural cycle that has happened for eons....

....it is dragged out into a much slower and anguishing torment with no end in sight.

Passive-Aggressive Bullying

Kids/People fukcing with each other while not stepping outside the parameters where they can be accused of crossing a line. Ongoing subtle digs....in front of teachers, their peers, in the classroom, and social media....both the kid bullying, their friends, and the kid being bullied know exactly what is happening but no adult will ever jump in and do anything because none of it 'ever crosses the line' to be something that's clearly a punishable offense. So it's more of a long grind....mental torment until the one being bullied has suffered enough mental anguish to where.....

.....shooting up a school, the place that was for some reason allowed to become the part of their life that became their hell, seems like a pretty reasonable and enjoyable thing for a bullied kid to do.

Humanity would be better off at all ages if people were allowed to tell each other fukc off while screaming, take things out onto the parking lot, and then regardless of how it's ultimately settled....most likely long before it ever reaches anything close to being physical....they can learn to say "fukc it" after getting what they needed to out of their system, and then go on with their lives happily once the conflict was allowed to come to a head......

.....because with few exceptions, in one way or the other, conflict needs to come to a head....sometimes it's more like "rearing it's very ugly head" in order for the opportunity to exist for that conflict to be resolved.

I'm of the mindset that if I'm pissing you off? Please do both me and you a favor and just air that shit out so I can either apologize after seeing things from the perspective you point out, or I can yell back at you for accusing me of doing shit that I'm really not....or am but not to the extent that it was ever something worth getting upset over.

Regardless of which one it is.....in a half hour....fifteen minutes or less these days.....I'll apologize for whatever role I played in it, even if it wasn't what I believe was happening, want to shake hands, laugh it off, and say 'fukc it' and get back to trying to do whatever shit we were doing looking to have fun or be productive.....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 am

I totally see and understand stand both of your guys point.

I’ve never some hot been in a actual fight, close though.

What I’ve always failed to understand is, how is it when it gets to the point of fists flying, which is rare (even in a bar “fight”). Why do the cops always show up now a days? Who calls them? Can’t two dude just swing it out and that be the end of it? I mean you both walked out back to the parking lot, what the f did everyone think was going to happen. Press charges??? No they both walked out here, one dude pressed his fist into the other dudes face, end of story. Go back in the bar and have another beer.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”