Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Steve Cordts Should Be Fired

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:27 pm

So does that mean it is on for 2021 2022 or that they are going evaluate interest after the 2020 season? Can’t tell if he is referring to input after the first teal season or after the regular season.

If they leave it up for a vote or hunter input it probably ain’t gonna happen. There are probably more people that will vote against it for the sole reason that they won’t participate and would rather save the all mighty regular opener vs people that actually want to hunt.

When science supports opening up hunting opportunities it shouldn’t be put out for hunter input. At least not until they actually try something for a couple years.

Believe it or not, people still kill a ton of birds on the wi regular opener even with a teal, early goose and ywd prior to the opener.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm

I wasn't pissed off today...

Until now!
Dominate The Skies.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Teal are moving/moved out.

From Forbes Biological Station - Havana Illinois.

September 3rd, 2020 – Aerial Waterfowl Inventory Blog

We’re back in the air again. Actually, we’ve been at it for a month now counting shorebirds, but we completed the 1st teal flight of the year on Wednesday, September 2nd. There was an abundance of blue-winged teal (Spatula discors) along both rivers for the first week of September. We estimated 45,240 blue-wings along the Illinois River Valley (IRV), coming in at 139% above the 10-yr average. The central Mississippi River also had good numbers of blue-wings totaling 9,910 birds, 127% above average for the first week of September. Blue-wing numbers in the IRV were actually quite staggering. The 45,000+ birds witnessed this week was the 9th highest total in 72 years of surveys and will be the 5th highest peak count of blue-winged teal since 1948. Hopefully we will enjoy a great opening day of teal season beginning Saturday, September 5th.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:48 pm

It felt ducky this morning with low clouds strong west winds and temps in the low 50’s. Seems like fall is coming early this year.

Saw a few groups of teal in a marsh on my way to work. There hadn’t been any in it this year and I bet they are gone by the time I go home.

Seeing teal pics online of guys from the states to the east of us this time of year always pisses me off.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 pm

As a guy that used to be involved and might have a tiny little spark left inside I can tell you it isn’t Steve’s decision alone and there are a few pro-harvest, minimal restriction guys in the dnr.

It’s only a question of whether the old blue hairs still have the political leverage.

I’d guess their power is fading or this wouldn’t have gotten press. Or maybe this is a rallying cry to those blue hairs who barely hunt anymore and don’t believe anything has changed in the past 50-60 years regarding Hunter behavior. Even though they know participation is in the tank and it’s “all about the kids for the future.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:37 am

If only the DNR would've listened all those years ago.......

SMDH :|
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 am

They listened...just to the wrong mf'ers.
Dominate The Skies.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:37 am

I should also add... I’ve never gotten any impression that Cordts was against the teal season.

MWA is gone and a bunch of the guys who were on the waterfowl committee back then have retired. Will be really interesting to see if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 am

I agree with you....think Cordt's seems like a good dude who's very capable. I think you hit the nail on the head with it being h2ofwlr's homeboys who liked peaking over the stalls at woodie camp and that chode Tom Landqueer....I mean, Landwehr.....
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”