Duck_E
I'll Swat Your Decoys

She was right!

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:51 am

About 30 years ago a woman called in to KQ, complaining about deer crossing highways, “Why don't they move the deer crossing signs so the deer cross some place else.”

https://kstp.com/traffic/first-highway- ... 376/?cat=1

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: She was right!

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:14 am

I don't see deer walking thru a culvert, even a large one.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

She was right!

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:42 am

Christopher Smith seems to think they will, even tho intuitively it does seem like they wouldn’t. It will be good for other critters I guess like raccoons n sh1t. Hopefully it’s good for turtles. Hate seein squashed turtles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:12 pm

I am pretty sure they have tunnels under some roads in Alaska for elk or caribou migrations.

Complete waste of money in Minnesota. Just great watching this state waste our tax dollars.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Christopher Smith seems to think they will, even tho intuitively it does seem like they wouldn’t. It will be good for other critters I guess like raccoons n sh1t. Hopefully it’s good for turtles. Hate seein squashed turtles.

Yeah who knows. I'm sure animals when coming upon a culvert will cross it, but will they walk out of there way to use it versus just crossing the road. Unless they try to funnel them in it.......but I mean how far can a turtle walk, and then it would have like 50/50 of walking in the right direction.

I would also wager this will actually increase the mortality rate of prey animals by predators. Funneling of any sort helps predators.

But Christopher prolly has it figured out more than me

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Nershi wrote:I am pretty sure they have tunnels under some roads in Alaska for elk or caribou migrations.

Complete waste of money in Minnesota. Just great watching this state waste our tax dollars.

I think it’s probably more for safety than for reducing white tail mortality. As we’ve all heard since we were kids “the white tailed deer kills more people than any other animal in the US”

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
Nershi wrote:I am pretty sure they have tunnels under some roads in Alaska for elk or caribou migrations.

I think it’s probably more for safety than for reducing white tail mortality. As we’ve all heard since we were kids “the white tailed deer kills more people than any other animal in the US”

I’m sure you are right. It’s still a waste of tax payer money. If it’s truly that big of an issue they should just kill the deer. They could actually raise revenue by selling special nuisance permits and allow out of season hunting.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Nershi wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"][quote="Nershi"]I am pretty sure they have tunnels under some roads in Alaska for elk or caribou migrations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]

I’m sure you are right. It’s still a waste of tax payer money. If it’s truly that big of an issue they should just kill the deer. They could actually raise revenue by selling special nuisance permits and allow out of season hunting.[/quote]

We can always dream.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:17 am

The culvert South of Garrison, just North of the South Garrison landing.....

....closed down a major highway for over a year and cost $1.5 million for the state to redo.

It was originally put in during the 30's under WPA shit so that particular culvert was historic.

A fukcing culvert.

I see pretty much more of the same happening with this bullshit.....remember, these are the same people who brought us MNLARS.

Set the bar low....very low......
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:18 am

Why do we care about wildlife coming to MN?

We're full!!
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”