Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Drought

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 pm

No, he's just saying that's what farmers do....he's not condoning it.

Crop insurance is such a joke. Lots and lots of low lying shit ground where the only reason it was tilled and put into production was due to federally subsidized crop insurance.

But very good point h2ofwlr, I forgot that aspect. I'd heard farmers in ND weren't planting wheat due to the ground being so dry it was like concrete.....literally could get seeds in the ground.

Could be total BS.....just something I heard.

Bring on the drought for MN! Should make for some above average pheasant numbers if it stays dry and warm from now until the 4th. Two good nesting years in a row......it'll make for some good bird numbers.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Re read what he wrote.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:34 pm

I read it again and still don't think he was condoning it......just speaking as to what the farmer mindset is.

I think crop insurance is bullshit due to how it encourages farmers to farm every last inch they can. I'd like to see some sort of clean up of how marginal land is treated under insurance. There are a hell of a lot of low spots that don't produce shit....maybe a marginal yield per acre two to three years out of a decade, yet they're often being paid out damn near every year as if they produce. If a field gets rated at a yield of say 175 bushels an acre for corn....the years they plant a three acre low spot and don't produce shit they get paid for the 175 bushels from insurance.

So from the public's perspective.....it's a loss-loss.....since they're not getting any benefit from that land sitting idle like CRP (improved water quality, soil conservation, and wildlife benefits). Basically, the farmer is getting paid to fukc us over. We'd be better off paying them to just not farm low spots that never yield shit.

The problem in my opinion is the government....not the farmers. Just like with PPE "loans" and other forms of welfare.....people are going to by and large work the system as much as it allows.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying if someone looks at the rules and the rules tell them they can make a bunch more money by doing something that benefits no one but themselves? Most people are going to do it. Especially when they start talking to their buddies/neighbors and they're doing it.

I'm pretty sure h2ofwlr has a similar opinion on farm insurance but I'll let him speak for himself. I took his post as speaking to the farmer mindset vs condoning those actions, but I've been wrong before.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:04 pm

Ummm...."zero excuse to not have wheat ..planted"

He is condoning it. He is mocking them that they are stupid if the haven't planted yet.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:39 am

lickmyvowels wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:^^^^^ LMBO at that incompetence!
If you don't plant - no crop insurance to prove minimal crop due to drought.
It's either too wet or too dry for them. Lol
Again zero excuse not to have crops like wheat and corn planted a month ago in SD.

MN will be burnt up in another month.
S Canada will get some much needed rains though, but too late for the ducks for nesting decisions as they've been crispy dry up there.

Crop ins is a joke.
It should be eliminated.

So you are preaching gov handout since that is what "crop insurance" is? If anything it's fraud. No different if I got full coverage on a vehicle and them claim someone keyed it just because I want a new paint job But them make you pay it with your taxes. Maybe some farmers have morals and didn't plant? Who knows but for someone that is supposably a "libertarian" you sure are pushing big brother.

God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:39 am

lickmyvowels wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:^^^^^ LMBO at that incompetence!
If you don't plant - no crop insurance to prove minimal crop due to drought.
It's either too wet or too dry for them. Lol
Again zero excuse not to have crops like wheat and corn planted a month ago in SD.

MN will be burnt up in another month.
S Canada will get some much needed rains though, but too late for the ducks for nesting decisions as they've been crispy dry up there.

So you are preaching gov handout since that is what "crop insurance" is? If anything it's fraud. No different if I got full coverage on a vehicle and them claim someone keyed it just because I want a new paint job But them make you pay it with your taxes. Maybe some farmers have morals and didn't plant? Who knows but for someone that is supposably a "libertarian" you sure are pushing big brother.

Crop ins is a joke.
It should be eliminated

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:43 am

I had 104 Friday per my truck temp while driving.

And the drought will get worse....
Attachments
20210605_003451.jpg

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:01 am

When's the last time you had it calibrated?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:24 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:When's the last time you had it calibrated?

I had 100.8 at the house out of the sun.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:51 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:When's the last time you had it calibrated?

Best line to use when pulled over for speeding.....

"When was the last time you had your gun calibrated officer?"

Drought monitor is out of whack and there wasn't an update this week.....same drought scores and maps shown for ND & MN....386 & 87 respectively.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”