h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Drought

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:52 am

Likely the last update for 2021.

I hear NE MN is getting a good snow last night, 12" in places, they need the precip up there.
Attachments
20211130_mn_trd.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Water levels still a lot lower than recent years...hope that continues next year again. At least farmers will have good soil moisture going into spring

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:37 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I hear NE MN is getting a good snow last night, 12" in places, they need the precip up there.

They might need it, but they don't need it that bad.

There can't be a state more infatuated with water than MN, and I mean that in the worst way possible. People here are always in need of finding the most mundane things to make into some giant looming problem.

If "their" lake goes up a half foot?

Too much water. Big problem. Shoreline erosion. Wake bans. Anyone pushing any water with a boat is an asshole. They mention this to everyone they bump into.

If "their" lake goes down a half foot?

Too little water. Big problem. Need to conserve water. Anyone pumping from the lake to water their lawn is an asshole. They mention it to everyone they bump into.

My farming extended family in Iowa were all freaked out about the drought....poor farmers. Then came harvest time and they got 225 bushel corn off my parents ground. So once again the plight of the farmer was greatly over-exaggerated. Even the guys who did shitty had 160-180 bushel corn and won't qualify for crop insurance. It wasn't a banner year for them but it was at or above what it was insured for.

This past summer was perfect. The fall was wet, on overage to even above average. The soil has moisture. Everything was green and lush. Yet the drought monitor still had my area in severe drought for most of it.

Look at this precipitation map.....does this look like a state that faced a severe drought this past year?

Screenshot_20211205-152300_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:05 pm

The drought monitor is Gay....

August was 150% of average...December was the second wettest in State History....only 1968 had more precipitation in the month of December than 2021 did.....and there's Two Plus Fukcing Feet of Snow covering the "Driest" areas of the state....

How are they somehow still in a severe drought?

Severe drought implies it's like a fukcing desert....does it not?

Screenshot_20220109-195957_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-200028_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-200048_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:35 pm

A lot of changes to stay at 118......

Screenshot_20220114-193432_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:47 am

FF, You sure must have been bored last Sunday during the Vikings game.

Funny thing is S 1/2 of MN has remained unchanged on the orangish colored maps when you look what I posted up 5 weeks ago and the map of last week. As they got a fair amount of Snow N and NE of the metro in Dec.

As for Lake Cty, they may have gotten snow up there - but what is the water content? As often 10" up there is = to 5" down in metro as its denser here, fluffier up there due to the colder conditions.

Another thing is that area of high precip around Leech lake. one would of thought the color would have changed from tan to yellow over the entire region, not just the S end of the region.
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:58 am

Current big picture of US and Canada
Its a pdf link being such a large area, you can zoom is a bit for a closer look.

Since last spring's nesting season, the bottom line is that Canada is still on the very dry side. Very poor nesting conditions overall. Some improvement in eastern Dakota's. A lot can happen in the next 3 months - or not happen, as in minimal snows or major dumpings of snow - we'll know the tale in 3 months of if better, the same or worse nesting conditions for the ducks this spring.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-co ... 202112.pdf

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:16 am

h2ofwlr wrote:FF, You sure must have been bored last Sunday during the Vikings game.

Uh....Okaaaaaay?????

First off, sick burn.

Second off, that was sarcasm....your comment, had it made any sense, would not have been a sick burn.

Third off, why me making a post after 8pm that Sunday (January 9th) imply that I was really bored during a Vikings game that started at noon....so probably ended 3:30-ish? I guess I'm not sure what time a noon start game ends at.......

......since I'm so in tune to the game and heavily invested in seeing every last second and every last detail of what happens.....well, if you think guys who watch as intently as I do are going to divert their focus to check the time near the end of a game or a little afterwards?

Then only someone who easily gets bored during a Vikings game like yourself would make such an accusation.......

......hell, you were so bored with it and paying such little attention to it that you just assumed it was still being played at 8:05pm when I made the post you referenced as being during the game.

You must have been high as hell to think the Vikings played the Bears over eight hours that Sunday!

20220118_021852.jpg

20220118_022022.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”