h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Vikings 2021

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:14 pm

BG won by 27 LOL!!!

Zimm threw Kubiak under the bus last night for not running the ball enough(didn't we go through this 2 yrs ago with Stefanski?) - even though GB had stopped them repeatedly, so he upped the % of passes.
Hey Zim! Before pointing out the splinter in his eye, you may want to look at your defensive play calling that is like a tree branch sticking out of your eye socket! Zim took zero responsibility for the loss.

Imagine if 2 yrs ago the Wilfs had fired Zim and retained Stefanski as HC? Now THAT would have been interesting where as a team the Vikes would be at today. I guarantee that they'd be a lot more fun to watch with a 65/35 pass/run offense!

Here is the REAL dilemma facing the Wilfs: So if you fire Zim, who do you get to replace him? All the proven guys have HC jobs, so they'd have to take a chance on new blood, and that at best means flipping a coin on results. Look at the last 10yrs of other teams going thru HCs every 2 or 3 yrs.... that's a distinct possibility that could happen here... (groan....)

The key players are all under contract for next year. Thus I think they will retain Zim and Spielman. It's a shitty situation as they are sitting in their crap, but the gamble of rebuilding is that you can get a HC with the shits and vomiting at the same time (can you say 2 and 15?)
But if things don't turn around next season (a dbl digit win record) - I think that the Wilfs will sell the Vikings and let the new owner start all over in 2023. Meaning if not a winning record by the end of Oct,, actively seek a buyer for the team before years end so the new owners can get the front office and coaches that they want in place. But this will mean at last 2 yr rebuilding process, if not 3 or 4 yrs.

it sucks to be a Vikings fan.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:31 pm

Clean house, hire Eric Bienemy or Mike Tomlin if he's let go.

Common said today the issue, which I agree with, is needing to hire Zimmer to start the search as soon as possible, but since we also need fire the GM, we don't want to have our current GM doing the new coach hiring.

Spielman and Zimmer both need to go ASAP.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:35 pm

The Vikings are fukced....an aging team with few tradeable assets and up against the cap with veteran contracts that are producing below what they're being paid = long timetable for a rebuild

The Vikings are going nowhere fast.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 pm

I think there enough pieces on offense to have something there for a while that could be good with better coaching and once again a shored up O Line, but defense needs work. The CB corps is just fuking awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:14 pm

I don’t know how you fans stay with it.

Wait, never mind, being a Vikings fan is probably like being a MN duck hunter

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:24 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Imagine if 2 yrs ago the Wilfs had fired Zim and retained Stefanski as HC? Now THAT would have been interesting where as a team the Vikes would be at today. I guarantee that they'd be a lot more fun to watch with a 65/35 pass/run offense!

I don't know homey.....did you catch the game last night? Browns ain't looking too hot.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:51 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I think there enough pieces on offense to have something there for a while that could be good with better coaching and once again a shored up O Line, but defense needs work. The CB corps is just fuking awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Time to scrap everything and do a total rebuild. Cousins is $45 million against the cap. I'd love to see the team throw him out there behind a truly shitty o-line for a season....just watch him take double digit sacks every game. I wonder how many times of getting absolutely drilled it'd take before he'd be open to a contract renegotiation or trade?
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:23 pm

I've become a bigger and bigger Rodgers fan every day.....dude tells it like it is.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/330 ... erk-league
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:35 pm

Looks like Zim will be gone come Monday

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sp ... ike-zimmer
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:08 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Looks like Zim will be gone come Monday

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-sp ... ike-zimmer

I'd rather see them keep Zim and lose Spielman....if having to choose to keep one and cut bait with the other.

Word on the street is that the Wilf's are afraid to get rid of Spielman since he's a fellow Jew....just kidding....sort of.

The actual word on the street is that the Wilf's aren't plugged in enough on their own to get rid of Rick. They've relied on him so heavily to do all their networking that they literally would have no one to call in order to get a game plan, let alone new personnel, to go in a different direction. They're totally handcuffed to Spielman....wouldn't have the faintest clue what to do without him.....

....and that's why the Vikings will continue to be mediocre.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”