Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2021

Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:24 pm

There's something terribly unsettling with Spielman.....he's got a heavy "American Psycho" vibe to him. Dude knows where a lot of bodies are buried because he's the one who killed and buried them there....just for funzies.

Plus he adopted a dark ass negro who just happens to be really good at football....full ride to Nebraska as a starter good. Seems incredibly racist to me for some reason.

Everything about Rick Spielman is just too well groomed, manicured, over-produced, to where it's totally fabricated and fake. Everything about him is unsettling.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2021

Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 am

I thought Spielman was a big catholic? That’s why he had such a big need with Kluwe taking for the homos.

I agree tho, something ain’t right about Spielman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:25 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I thought Spielman was a big catholic? That’s why he had such a big need with Kluwe taking for the homos.

I agree tho, something ain’t right about Spielman

I figured Spielman had to be Jewish AF, but I might be wrong after looking it up....I dunno.

When I turned the game on the Vikes were down Fourteen to nill and I figured it was only fitting the Zimmer era goes out with a whimper, but surprisingly....they came out with some fight in the second half and won handily.

Is anyone else sick of the Justin Jefferson to Randy Moss comparisons?

Stop It! Dude isn't even close to Moss....couldn't carry Moss's jock strap.

He's a great receiver....maybe even the best over the past two years, and honestly.....trading a high cap hit diva in Steffon Diggs to Buffalo for a bevy of draft picks and converting the first rounder into Jay-Jay....having him jump in with his production seamlessly while on a rookie contract for Diggs, not even counting the other picks he accumulated for him....is honestly the best move Spielman has made as GM. It was ballsy as fukc and paid out...Big Time...in Jefferson. With all the discussion on KFAN lately about Spielman as GM they have failed to specifically mention this gangster move.....

With that being said....

JJ ≠ Randy Moss

Spielman ≠ Future GM
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:21 am

Spielman and Zimmer gone lol

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Feels like a terrible dictator has been deposed. It's like seeing Gaddafi get gang beat all over again.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:48 pm

They'll probably both have rings somewhere else within the next three years....it's the Vikings way. Well, maybe scratch that....that only happens with coordinators.

It'll be interesting to see who the new guys are. We'll see how the fan base emotionally deals with what should be a total rebuild. If you're not getting better and on the trajectory towards a super bowl? You're better off blowing it all up and starting over. The fans pretend like that's what they want but wait until the team is three seasons in with five wins after winning three and four games the seasons leading up to it.

MN sports fans are the worst. It's a part of the overall MN passive aggressive insecurity that afflicts this state. The fan base would rather have teams that go 9-8, 10-7, and only have a chip chair and a chance at getting out of the wild card round because that means the national pundits sitting at a big fancy table ....the big talking heads doing the weekly half time shows where they touch on every market.....will give the MN fan base the proverbial pat on the head by saying, "Don't sleep on MN." Vikings fans relish that mediocrity....being just good enough to where every four years they might pull off the upset in a wild card/divisional round playoff game and scream, "You Like That! You Like That!?"

Zimmer was a pretty good head coach....was able to beat Green Bay half the times he faced them....there's a shitload of value to that. After beating them the first game this year Green Bay fans hit the nail on the head by nonchalantly going, "Good for you....you beat our undermanned team while they played on the road after the refs all but gift wrapped the Win for you....congrats on winning what is your version of the Super Bowl."

MN is always going to be mediocre for a couple key reasons. Unlike the NBA or MLB where free agents won't come here....guys actually want to play in MN. The facilities are top-notch and there's a lot of respect amongst the league for the team's owners and the organization as a whole. There are a ton of reasons why MN could and should be able to pull off a historic run like a New England, a Dallas in the 90's, a San Francisco in the 80's, a Steelers in the 70's, etc. This is why they won't:

The organization is abysmal at drafting and developing quarterbacks.

That's the number one reason, with a bullet, why the Vikings will never win the super bowl. Look at who wins super bowls....teams that draft and develop good QB's. Last year was the rare exception...a total fluke....that you had the GOAT decide to leave the team that drafted and developed him and where he still won six of his seven....six of his seven count for the point I'm making, so excuse me for calling last year what if was, a "total outlier"......last year counts as the one out of ten year outliers. If you're banking on the GOAT deciding to pull up chalks and relocate to MN and bring with him enough talent, credibility, and professionalism....you probably shouldn't hold your breath unless you want to be called Mr. Blue-in-the-Face. We had our chance to do that in 2009 with Favre and the Vikings of course "Favre'd it Up."

You have to be able to draft and develop what amounts to HOF quarterbacks, or near HOF QB's then get lucky when they go on a tear to win-it-all (see Joe Flacco and Eli Manning...twice) to have any chance of winning a super bowl. Green Bay has greatly underachieved by only reaching three super bowls and winning two with thirty years of HOF quarterbacking where no one would call you crazy for arguing both Favre and Rodgers are top five all-time. They might disagree and say they're both top ten, or even top twenty, but the point remains the same....

To be good....Really Good...Good enough to win it all.....you have to be proficient at drafting and developing QB's and the Vikings historically have been fukcing horrendous. Green Bay and New England, the latter especially, draft QB's all the time and develop them to where even if they don't need them they can flip them for huge assets. There's nothing more valuable in the NFL than a good QB on a rookie contract. Look at Russ Wilson, Roethlisberger, or even Marino....dude made it to the big game right away but didn't once he had to be re-signed to a big contract.

If I were the Wilf's I'd be on the phone with Ted Thompson or Belicheck and trying to bring in who they think is the best up and coming young guy when it comes to identifying talent at that QB position and developing them. I honestly wouldn't give a flying fukc about coaching pedigree. It doesn't matter as long as you can draft and develop a borderline HOF or better QB.

That's it. Make that the entirety of your job search if you're the Wilf's....and don't be afraid of pulling an unconventional guy out of some college in the middle of bumfukc nowhere a la a Mike Leach. Doing it "the way you're supposed to do it" will never get the Vikings a super bowl. Break the mold....don't be afraid of being a epically bad for multiple three or four year different coaching hire durations until you figure it out.

That'll never happen because the MN Vikings are the Champions of Choking and always will be and that's why I love them. They're almost always good enough to be entertaining, good enough to string the fan base along, and I can't wait for them to get crushed once again in the NFC championship game in three or four years....

....those I relish way more than ever winning a super bowl. Those are the real super bowls for me and every other proud to be a self-loathing Vikings fan.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

JayRo
Coot Commander

Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:59 pm

It is going to take a seance to talk to Ted Thompson……

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:43 pm

As for the Vikes, it could be a VG or a horrible yr next year. I doubt that it'll be neutral. Either a breath of fresh air and a 11+ wins or utter deflation and total rebuilding with 11+ losses.

So did anyone else watch the final reg season game of football between Chargers and Raiders Sunday night?
That game made the close games the Vikings went through seem like Div II football in comparison.

How many 4 and very long completions did Herbert make? It was simply freaking unreal. The number of dropped passes, oh my... If Hollywood wrote this script everyone would have laughed - as No F-ing way. But way....... it did happen. They just kept on time after time... He is going to be something, a force to contend with in future years.

Went into to overtime. Each got a FG.
Ultimately with 3 sec on clock Raiders made a FG to win. Steeler Nation all had their hearts stopped - because of they had tied, the Steelers were out of the playoffs, conversely both Raiders and Chargers would be in the playoffs.
You just can't make that up!

Frankly it was a top 10 game of all time of the NFL games that I've watched.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 pm

So only 3 of us had a balls to make predictions, the rest were wimps!
h2ofwlr wrote:10 & 7. They might be be a wild card, again the key word is might.

Fish Felon wrote:Vikes are going to be 12-5 behind a solid defense and a return of the 4th best offense in the league that will be even better.

So after a 8 and 9 season, the winner is:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Trainwreck season. 7-10. Final Prediction

Must be psychic as you said this Sept 23
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Really hope they fire Spielman and Zimmer
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:16 pm

Multiple players coming out and chit talking Zimmer. I love to see it. I’m so vindicated.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”