Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2021

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 pm

Chick get her original job through nepotism. I don’t want her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: Vikings 2021

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm

Fish Felon wrote:The Vikings interviewed a woman for GM yesterday.....a fukcing WOMAN.

I bet she knows all about what it's like to suit up in pads, put her helmet on, and go give and get some stingers and hits on the 'Ol Gridiron.

It'd be such a Minnesota move....hiring a fukcing Woman as the General Manager of their National Football League team.

JFC
If she is qualified why not give her a chance. No man has ever taken is to the super bowl for a win hell haven't even made in passed NFC championship in a coons age.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:52 am

How can you evaluate talent without knowing the intangibles from being suited up and in a game?

It'd be like me trying to become the GM for the United FC. I never played the game of soccer outside of gym class....don't even know the rules as a result......

....but Fuggit! I'm sure if I sat down and read a book I'd know everything there is to know about something I've never done before.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:59 am

Why are women that into football?

It'd be like me becoming an expert on duvets and pillow coverings.....

...and I literally had it "duvais" until I googled it.

That's probably how she learned about football.....did a few Google searches on a game she's never fukcing played and now wants to be a GM of a team....

Like you said though, the team can't possibly make it to less super bowls under her than during the rest of my lifetime leading up to her.

Plus, then they'd truly be "the Queens"
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:03 am

"MN VikeQueens---because MN is the dumbest fukcing backwards state in all the worst progressive ways---weed and sports gambling are illegal, a half decade ago you couldn't even buy a twelve pack of beer to drink while you watch the game in this gay state......but we hire chicks to run our football teams because we ssssoooo progressive."

[Lizzo Voice]

"New WOMAN on the Minnesota Vike-Queens....."
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:28 am

Have you seen Ted lasso?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:08 pm

I've heard of it but I've never seen it. Jason Sudeikis is hilarious. Is it on Netflix or Hulu?

I just figured out that I can use Mobile Hotspot on my phone to watch Netflix after getting my little bro's account info. Netflix grew it's equity value as a company through aggressive expansion by growing into old Hollywood and consolidating that market.....they've never been profitable. It's all about growth of revenue, same as Amazon.

Netflix will be profitable when they get more than a couple hundred subscribers.

Obviously kidding, but it seems that way. Every person who pays for Netflix has like two dozen friends and family members sponging off their account. Luckily I was one of the first to have an account out of my peeps, back when they mailed out DVD's, but then I had a shitload of people mooching off my account, and now it comes full circle to where I'm leeching off my little brother's account.

It's awesome.

Point being.....I'm watching Squid Game right now.

It's weird because I wanted to watch it simply because I didn't want to miss out on a cultural phenomenon that produced so many pop-culture references......

....and I figured due to seeing all those references I had a pretty good idea of what the show was about, but you don't know until actually seeing the show.

Without ever seeing a second of the actual show I could've told people, "Oh yeah, of course I watched Squid Game! Who Didn't!?" and then been immersed in an hour long conversation about Squid Game standing around a campfire, and been heavily involved in this hypothetical conversation and emphatically sharing details and going back and forth with people, "I mean holy shit...how crazy was the game of Red Light Green Light!? So crazy!" "Yeah man, that part was fukcing nuts!"

I've never been able to nail every last detail and fill in all the gaps of an entire show I've never seen based strictly off of other shit I've seen and heard like I have with Squid Game....and I didn't hear or see that much about it since conversations don't evolve much when a coworker approaches you asking, "Do you watch Squid Game?" "No, I don't have Netflix....it's on Netflix, right?" and when Pete Davidson and the Freddie Mercury dude were doing an American parody version of it, or Jamie Foxx on Cordon, or anyone else making jokes about it.....I pretty much instantly stop paying attention to stuff I have zero desire to seek out.

Yet for some reason I wanted to watch the first episode just to see if what was in my head as the idea of what it's about was accurate at all.......and it was exactly what I expected. My understanding of what Squid Game was prior to the show and what my understanding was after watching the first several episodes of the show is almost exactly the same.....minus one thing that never was mentioned in pop culture that I actually find really, really bizarre that it wasn't.

The only way anyone would've tripped me up and busted me for not watching the show prior to watching the show........

.....was the voice over dubbing.

If someone would've been like, "How long did it take for you to get past the voice over not matching their lips?'

I would've sat there with a blank stare, paused and gone, "Wha....???" or if on my A-game given some nondescript answer of, "uh....not long," and then been oddly quiet for a little bit.....just a dazed stare into the fire for a few minutes.

How the dubbing was never mentioned in any of the umpteen pop-culture references about the show is insanely bizarre to me.

I knew everything else. Asian country, Asian People down on their luck and in debt a shitload of money, no way to get back ahead, loan sharks and creditors after them, bad things happening to them imminent, stuck on an island playing kids games after getting drugged, wearing numbered green track suits, people in red jumpsuits and Playstation symbols on their face as guards, a playing field where there's a giant doll as the referee, and they get killed as their elimination, a giant plastic piggy bank filling with billions as the games go on awaiting the winner......

I knew all those details....all of that was a part of my understanding as the result of people talking about the show on the TV, and making jokes about it, comedy sketches about it......

....and not one motherfukcer thought pointing out how horrendous the dubbing is might make for an amusing joke or anecdotal comment when discussing the show?

I had to fukcing Google it five minutes into the first episode because I thought it was just something fukced up about me streaming it off my phone being in the middle of nowhere without any options for high-speed internet. I figured my internet feed was just slow and the lag in audio would correct itself....and the sound of people's voices when talking would eventually catch up and match their lips moving.

How is it possible I could know everything about a show.....almost exactly....without knowing it was like a Jackie Chan movie when it came to the dialogue???

I'm definitely overthinking it but I found that omission from pop culture to be super fukcing weird.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:33 pm

I thought Squid Game was pretty good. I read subtitles tho. **** dubbing tho that shit awful.

I just watched Station Eleven on HBO, that was pretty good too.

Started 1883 but my paramount+ ran out and I’m not gonna keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Hoe about squid games pump and dump coin... absolutely incredible

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:31 pm

Screenshot_20220119-162947_Photo Editor.jpg