Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:25 am

Am I stocking Smallmouths?

Does a bear shit in the woods!?

20220807_092434.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:30 am

They seem to like my crib(s).

Full-disclosure, the next lake we're connected to down the chain has always had a native, but small, smallmouth population.

I realize that most (if not all) of the boundary waters....Canadian Shield lakes along the MN/Canada border....not just the BWCA, but Voyageurs/Rainy Systems, LOTW, etc., have Smallmouths that are technically an invasive, stocked species.

Not so much where I'm at.

Screenshot_20220807-092654_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-092638_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-092619_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:52 am

Sweet. There's some others stocking them as well.
Dominate The Skies.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:36 am

Seen’t some smallmouth in a storm water pond the other day. Could not believe. I think they will be okay until winter. I wanted to come back with my rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:19 am

Once the rest of the baby boomers age out there will be no need for limits or the DNR

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:11 am

Quack wrote:Once the rest of the baby boomers age out there will be no need for limits or the DNR

There hasn't been a need for the DNR for quite some time.

DNR = Welfare

They provide several thousand completely and utterly worthless jobs.....

Actually, the DNR jobs are worse than welfare.

At least Njggers in "Norf" collecting EBT don't piss me off when I'm out fishing and trying to relax.

The DNR is beyond counterproductive.....to everything. We should want people in our state, and visiting our state, to freely go boating while getting fukced up.....or buying a deer license and not having to try to decipher a novel in order to step into the woods and not have to worry about some phag in green jeans trying to butt phuck them.

People who hunt and fish drop coin at restaurants/bars, expensive toys, VRBO's/hotels/motels, gas stations, they buy and build recreational homes......we should have shit as wide open as possible when it comes to them spending money.

Instead we let some total phaggots with research permits limit the freedoms of the people of this state to utilize THEIR OWN public resources.

I'm sick of this shit. No More!
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:26 pm

ha you think the mn reg book is hard to decipher look at the fish regs for just the kenai river up here! do you not think limits on fish are necessary? what if the bros from carlos avery moved in on your lake and started killin everything you worked so hard for and wiped it out?
official sour toe member number 52,814

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Post a picture you took in the last week.

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:59 pm

There were some real good slappers on Mille Lacs last Saturday evening. We didn’t catch sh!t tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:39 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:ha you think the mn reg book is hard to decipher look at the fish regs for just the kenai river up here! do you not think limits on fish are necessary? what if the bros from carlos avery moved in on your lake and started killin everything you worked so hard for and wiped it out?

It'd come back in a handful of years.

When you pull fish out of a body of water?

It makes room for more fish to come up in that body of water.

To a certain degree, thinking you can stockpile fish is dumb.

And Newsflash: there are already Carlos Avery types that snowmobile onto "my private pond" every winter.....they're white hmongs....will literally leave with contractor bags full of crappies. I don't give a shit since they don't fish in front of the cabin.

I could honestly care less about people catching and keeping fish.....I think it's a good thing in most ways, especially if they're keeping everything they catch as they come and not being "size/slot" selective.

It's not possible to fish out any body of water. Look at Red. The natives had enough nets in the fukcer to go to the moon and back like a dozen times.....still couldn't fish it out. The DNR had absolutely no need to stock it. The lake would've bounced back on it's own....the only thing stocking did was speed up the process by 3-5 years.

The first big and massive year class after they stocked Red?

20% of it was from natural reproduction. Look it up. They dyed all the fry they stocked and 20% of the first big year class after they closed the lake to walleye harvest wasn't dyed....it was from walleyes in the lake reproducing on their own.

The second big year class from stocking fry was 40% natural reproduction.....might have been 60%, can't remember exactly.

The third big year class from stocking?

Never fukcing happened because the lake had already recovered on it's own.

A lake/river/body of water that's got a high capacity/capability for producing fish will ALWAYS produce fish.

If it stops producing fish like it used to?

It sure as fukc ain't from over-fishing.....because the most overharvested and abused resource ever.....Red Lake....still bounced back on it's own once they pulled the ungodly amount of nets out.....ON IT'S OWN.

There were literally enough nets to go to the moon and back a dozen times........

.....and yet you guys think several thousand dudes dangling a hook and line is going to fukc shit up?

With the possible exception of really....only Mille Lacs, and maybe a handful of other big lakes that can get pounded when the forage drops and the bite is on (which is a good thing to pull as many fish out as possible when that happens)......

Unless you're talking shit like the ultra-rare and sensitive species like cutthroat trout out west in streams where pissing in them might alter the pH enough to fukc with them....

Sportfishing DOES NOT HURT fisheries.

"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Felon, you don't follow regulations anyhow, so why do you care? Don't want to have to look over your shoulder anymore or what? :P

Like any government, the DNR could use some thinning. Maybe a lot of thinning. They could probably eliminate about half the positions and still perform their critical functions. We could also simplify the regulations and cut the reg book in half. Government is good at growing but not at shrinking. Just look at the feds.

Comparing Red to any other lake in the state is apples to elephants. Regardless of the size.

Sport fishing can hurt some fisheries. It sounds like you want to loosen regulations and depending on those changes, sport fishing could hurt them even more. Some lakes bounce back quick, some take years or decades and some never bounce back.

Put a public access in your little lake, post some social media posts pimping it and that bitch would be fished out in a month in the winter. It'd probably bounce back eventually. If it bounces back, does that mean the fishery wasn't hurt by sport fishing?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”