Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2022 Vikings

Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:03 pm

This game was just pain. I don’t even wanna watch football anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:10 am

Last Friday I put $10 on one of those "pick 'em" boards at a bar, based on what the last digit of each score adds up to and the hidden number behind the window that gets pulled. I'm guessing I lost since that's what the overwhelming odds dictate will happen, but my predicted outcome for the game was spot on in terms of "Beat Down Magnitude," and the fellow patrons who saw my score on listed on the gaming board behind the bar who were miffed at me because they perceived my bet as an overly cynical attempt to get a rise out of them......I had:

Eagles 38---13 Vikings

24-7 in the manner it got there?

Same fukcing difference.....definitely no longer an asshole for predicting the Eagles would kick the shit out of the Vikings.....

.....Since that's exactly what happened.

Plus it's not my fault they were dumb enough to think winning last week meant the Vikes might be "purty good" this year despite looking only marginally better than the Green Bay practice squad the Packers trotted out as their season opening game starters. Remember when Barr broke Rodgers's collar bone that one year early in the season....the Packers were bad, and Minnesota easily dispatched a Packers team without A-Rodge in the second game at Lambeau?

Remember how that win against the arch rival squad without their QB that everyone loves to hate didn't mean shit? We didn't beat the Packers.....the game was like finishing off a nice buck that is all fukced up after taking two to the chest and run-hobbling by your stand.....and then having a group of four walk up to you while you're gutting the buck. Tag already affixed to one of it's antlers.....

Did you shoot a nice buck?

Technically you did, but don't pretend as if it's tbe same as if you'd been at the top of your game that day and two other people hadn't already put a bullet in the animal you killed...

Last week's win against the Packers was like killing a crippled buck that came limping to the base of your stand to die. You didn't get lucky so much as you benefited from your adversaries misfortunes ane bad luck......that's what was the reason for why you got one in the "Win Column."

Like I said, this is a bad Vikings team....potentially a very bad.....with an outside shot at being a historically bad Vikings team that'll end up with three or four wins.

I wonder what part of the workload Kevin O'Connell is going to remove from the schedule in order to "Be The Cool Coach" and avoid losing some of the confidence in his locker room he previously bought. Players will start contemplating if they were as physically over matched as it seemed, or if the cool new coach had a game place so atrocious in place it just looked that way.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:54 am

I watch a couple games a year. Mainly the night games that don’t interfere with hunting or fishing. Last night was a good reminder why I should keep it that way.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:06 am

Fade the Vikings on any prime time game.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:36 pm

They for sure don't cover the spread vs the LIons, and I won't think much of it when they lose.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:06 pm

9-8, win in Wildcard, because Cousin's is out and some rando like the punter kid is tossed in.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:01 am

Worst 4-1 Vikings Team Ever
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:42 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Worst 4-1 Vikings Team Ever

Brevity looks good on you. 100% agree, might say worst 4-1 team ever.... but maybe the Lions went 4-1 one year....

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:48 pm

Well we’ve had 5-0 teams miss the playoffs… twice. And only a small handful of teams have ever done it.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:04 am

Good old [Broken Bone] Sammin' Sammy Bradford went 5-0.....Vikes went a remarkable 3-8 the rest of the year to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs......

The thing is.....the NFC North, and maybe the NFL as a whole, doesn't appear to be very good. If the NFL and Goodell's dream vision was league-wide parity?

Mission Accomplished.

I mean, the Vikes are technically two games up on everyone in the division at five games in since they're up a game in the standings and have beaten every divisional opponent. I thought Green Bay was going to be the same as last year....lose their first game and then put it together, but after that lost to the Giants in London?

Not happening.

They're still probably better just because of Rodgers but they're definitely a much less talented and tough opponent compared to last year's squad.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”