maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:47 am

I could see myself doing it. Especially with the dog I think he'd be great at finding them I think it'd be pretty fun actually. But it's kinda up my alley I do a lot of dorky low key stuff like making maple syrup, but it's relaxing for the mind and gives me a lot of exercise.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:14 am

Making maple syrup is far less dorky than travelling out of state to look for deer antlers.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:39 am

the whole shed craze kind of boggles my mind, especially with the now "Shed Season" out west. FnG putting out sheds with trackers in them to make sure people arent picking sheds at certain times, its bananas
official sour toe member number 52,814

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:48 am

If I'm remembering correct, the whole GPS trackers in sheds was just a FB post that got passed around. I don't think there's any truth to that. Plus I'm not sure how they would get a GPS tracker inside a shed without it being glaringly obvious.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
Nershi wrote:Nice find emptymag. Are you a shed hunter or just a lucky find?

My buddy is down shed hunting in Kansas now. He has been sending some pics of some nice ones. It’s amazing how white they get when they aren’t protected by the sun from the trees.

Man I will never get people that travel for shed hunting. It has to be the dorkiest outdoor endeavor.

Deer farm I help out at
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:40 pm

emptymag wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

My buddy is down shed hunting in Kansas now. He has been sending some pics of some nice ones. It’s amazing how white they get when they aren’t protected by the sun from the trees.

Man I will never get people that travel for shed hunting. It has to be the dorkiest outdoor endeavor.

Deer farm I help out at

Crow River Whitetails?

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:02 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

To Kansas, yea I agree but that's not the only intent of the travel. His buddy owns some land in some river bottoms in SW Kansas and he gets to hunt down there. He goes down a few times a year to fix stands, do food plots, clear trees, etc. and drink lots and lots of beer. He is shed hunting a few hours while doing all the other stuff they usually do. I ain't a deer hunter but if I could hunt down there I would probably get back in to it. They shoot giants off that property every year.

I can see why guys go out West to shed hunt. It'd be fun to be in the mountains in the spring when things are coming back to life. I have a couple buddies that have done it and they have come back with dozens of elk, mully and whitetail sheds. They did a little trout fishing in between hikes. Would be an inexpensive trip.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am

DJI_0873.JPG

The Vaunted Spring Lake

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:29 am

Nershi wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

To Kansas, yea I agree but that's not the only intent of the travel. His buddy owns some land in some river bottoms in SW Kansas and he gets to hunt down there. He goes down a few times a year to fix stands, do food plots, clear trees, etc. and drink lots and lots of beer. He is shed hunting a few hours while doing all the other stuff they usually do. I ain't a deer hunter but if I could hunt down there I would probably get back in to it. They shoot giants off that property every year.

I can see why guys go out West to shed hunt. It'd be fun to be in the mountains in the spring when things are coming back to life. I have a couple buddies that have done it and they have come back with dozens of elk, mully and whitetail sheds. They did a little trout fishing in between hikes. Would be an inexpensive trip.

Shiiiiet depending on where you're going some of the mountains are gonna be in the grips of winter still on May 1 when the shed season opens. Hell, north Idaho was all snow in the mountains and the lakes were still froze over in early June last year when I was up there, and its only 6-8k elevation. Then you have issues with run-off conditions on streams for trout fishing, but might could also be before run-off starts as well.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:04 pm

Fugging hate working on the gfs car. Third time I've ripped it apart In a month tracking this down. Melting ignition coil on cylinder 3.

Long story but thought for sure the CPU was fried as it's a common issue on fusions I guess. Pulled the CPU and sent it off for assessment myself after a shop diagnosed it as the CPU but wanted $3200 to do everything. I already had torn it apart twice and you can ship off your CPU and get it refurbished for $250...

Well luckily we didn't have the shop do it because the CPU came back from assessment completely fine and upon further digging and testing by myself, the issue was actually a .10 zip tie broke holding the engine wiring harness so it was resting against the EGR valve...which after years of rubbing wore through the harness protection, then the wire insulation, til finally it was grounding out and frying the coil.

A lot of fugging around but hey 3-4k saved is a ok in my book
IMG_20230312_165244217.jpg
IMG_20230312_165112327.jpg

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”