emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I could see myself doing it.

No you wont,

Just like you'll work less, take a vacation or go snow goose hunting..........

or mail me my maple syrup!!!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:36 pm

emptymag wrote:

No you wont,

Hey I sold the business lol

Here's the deal...I got behind and was going to send you some of this year's batch so it wasn't old. Well I went and tried to plow out the cabin and Dad left summer diesel in the bobcat didn't tell me...so it gelled while plowing couldn't get the plowing done...propane was at 10% 3 weeks ago now so may not be heat up there now.

So I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to tap this year. Give me a couple weeks to see if I'm able to get fresh stuff I still have last year's stuff I can send but wanted to get you fresh stuff if possible
You still at the same address you pmd me?

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:01 pm

Been nice to escape slush season for 10 days. Much warmer in maui. Going spear fishing monday. Should be interesting. Another thing I learned is a hate buying steaks. Dont remember the last time I bought one. I just sit there and stare at them and have no idea what I am looking at. Should have just flow down a box of moose meat and called it good. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:29 am

Awesome family trip!

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
emptymag wrote:

No you wont,

Hey I sold the business lol

Here's the deal...I got behind and was going to send you some of this year's batch so it wasn't old. Well I went and tried to plow out the cabin and Dad left summer diesel in the bobcat didn't tell me...so it gelled while plowing couldn't get the plowing done...propane was at 10% 3 weeks ago now so may not be heat up there now.

So I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be able to tap this year. Give me a couple weeks to see if I'm able to get fresh stuff I still have last year's stuff I can send but wanted to get you fresh stuff if possible
You still at the same address you pmd me?

Just bustin your balls man.

I’m at the same place.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:46 am

Wife got me a spear fishing trip for my birthday. Mostly just worked on diving and learning how to hunt and hold my breath long enough to stay on the bottom. Shooting fish is much tougher then I thought. Shot a small bait fish and then the guide shot this blue trevalle and it bent his spear and his barb didnt get all the way through. He started yelling at me to swim to him when he was 80 yards away. As I swam as fast as I could he just kept yelling. Once I got there and saw what happened he immediately said dive down and shoot it in the head. Dove down about 15 to 20 feet and stoned it. By the end I was able to dive down 10 feet or so and stay on the bottom for 10 to 15 seconds then would have to come up. Very humbling but I cant wait to do it again. If anyone is in kona or maui and want to give it a try I would get in contact with topshot spear fishing. I got lucky and I was the only one in the class so got a private trip at group trip rates.

official sour toe member number 52,814

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 pm

Nice work!

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:40 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:Wife got me a spear fishing trip for my birthday. Mostly just worked on diving and learning how to hunt and hold my breath long enough to stay on the bottom. Shooting fish is much tougher then I thought. Shot a small bait fish and then the guide shot this blue trevalle and it bent his spear and his barb didnt get all the way through. He started yelling at me to swim to him when he was 80 yards away. As I swam as fast as I could he just kept yelling. Once I got there and saw what happened he immediately said dive down and shoot it in the head. Dove down about 15 to 20 feet and stoned it. By the end I was able to dive down 10 feet or so and stay on the bottom for 10 to 15 seconds then would have to come up. Very humbling but I cant wait to do it again. If anyone is in kona or maui and want to give it a try I would get in contact with topshot spear fishing. I got lucky and I was the only one in the class so got a private trip at group trip rates.
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230321/f1628c88eb534eb46cb86c02bf56f326.jpg[/img]

This is why we call you Daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:15 pm

Very cool kwack. I have had intentions to spear fish a few times and it never came together. One of these trips. My buddy does it a lot and had similar feedback as you about the challenges. Enjoy Hawaii and happy birthday my ninja!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Nice pics all!

Screenshot_20230325-122138_Photo Editor.jpg

Screenshot_20230325-122053_Photo Editor.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”