Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:28 am

First cat I've caught dock fishing in a while. I typically throw out a small sunny below a big slip bobber but for some reason opted to go with a whole nightcrawler and about as twice as deep of a depth as I'm normally set......it was dead calm, able to cast way out deep and have it stay deep without coming into the weeds right away.

About a 3-4 pounder and very healthy. About the most beautiful channel cat you could ever find. For some reason I'm having Deja Vu......my bad if I already posted this, caught it a week maybe two already ago.

I'd love to know what they're eating that makes them so fat.....the ones I've recaptured have all been about the fattest most healthiest cats I've ever seen. I need to order some tags and start tagging them. I caught a tagged channel about five years back on the Minnesota by Marshall.....was a numbered small metal tag off the dorsal....hung like a dog tag, dangling not clamped. It'd be nice to start actually recording how many get stocked, when, what size, etc., to be able to determine how long they've been in the lake and how much they've grown since being stocked.

Screenshot_20230716-034344_Motion photo viewer.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm

When predator fish are first introduced to a system they do extremely well and usually have higher than average growth rates. The theory is they lack competition and the prey fish haven’t smartened up to the new predator in their world that wants to eat them.

Any idea if tagging fish is legal in mn? I’d like to do some tagging on a small lake as well.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I’ll never understand the shocker. Why putt ur pinky in a girls butt when u could just put ur penis in it instead?

Sick pics tho. The Black Hills are special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree The Minivan is where it's at

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:26 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I’ll never understand the shocker. Why putt ur pinky in a girls butt when u could just put ur penis in it instead?

Sick pics tho. The Black Hills are special.

I agree The Minivan is where it's at

Minivan? That’s a gmc Acadia!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:27 pm

The gang goes to Wyoming

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:29 am

Niiiiiice!!! Need to get back out to Wyoming soon....it's really not that far. Fugg, it's not like we live in Ohio, Illinois, or Kentucky or some shit....

Screenshot_20230801-031541_Gallery.jpg

Going to be a sweet stand......

Screenshot_20230801-031901_Gallery.jpg

Ridge Road Number One has been cleared. Need to clear more but at least now you can drive a vehicle across the majority of the property to be within 50yds of almost all the current stands.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:34 am

I've decided to clear about half of what's still standing....if it ain't an oak it ain't going to be alive and upright for much longer.

One unexpected way this project has changed me?

I used to absolutely love maples and now I despise them. I view them as a weed. I actually think I like basswoods more than maples....and I fukcing hate basswoods.

Screenshot_20230801-033111_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230801-033121_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:43 am

Got out yesterday morning for a few hours....feel like I got the boat and my strategy dialed in the last hour.....when I caught most of the fish....

Screenshot_20230812-014410_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:16 pm

Got called into work early due to a scheduling mistake after less than an hour on the water....oh well...still caught a half dozen

Red horses are a beautiful fish....don't care what anyone says

Screenshot_20230812-141324_Gallery.jpg

Biggest one wasn't that big....18"

Screenshot_20230812-141255_Gallery.jpg

14" bullhead from a week or two ago I forgot about...been catching some dandy bullheads this year

Screenshot_20230812-141225_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”