cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thoughts on "Opti-Vision" Camo..

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm

I do understand the technology of it and the military applications for it, but do not quite understand how it will make a difference for waterfowl hunting. Given the current versions of it, does it really fit in the general areas that we hunt? Seriously, would you wear it?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Meyer8043
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Re: Thoughts on "Opti-Vision" Camo..

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 pm

I just deleted the paragraph I wrote about opti fade cause it sounded like a pro staffer pimping their gear. So short and to the point. Sitka is spendy, I hunt a lot, i like being warm and dry, it's worth it to me, so it's all I wear.

Meyer8043
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 pm

To answer your other question I think it fits in the areas I hunt 10 times better then max 4 which is way to dark in my opinion for waterfowl.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 am

Does any one have a photo of it? I just googled it photos of cameras and such came up. Even tried Cabelas and nothing came up :?

Or is it that "pixel" little squares looking camo that the military adopted a few years back? If this--you do realize that they (military brass) admitted last year that "ooops" it does hide as well as other patterns.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Fowler I did the same thing then googled opti fade then found it

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:50 am

I am on the fence with this one, that camo is only offered in high end clothes so it will be a better performer on the clothing end but for the camo pattern?????
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Based on the new link, I would think that it is light enough colored for the prairie areas.

Would I spend extra for it? Nope.

IMHO for camo, in open prairie areas, lighter is better due to your shadow. If too dark--you really stick out, like Max4 and the camo meant for timber hunting.

I still like Fall Flight by Skyline for open pariries hunting, but it is very limited in recent years. Years ago both Herters and Cabela's offered it in clothing.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
I still like Fall Flight by Skyline for open pariries hunting, but it is very limited in recent years. Years ago both Herters and Cabela's offered it in clothing.

Got mine at clarkfield outdoors. Wish I could find it in a thicker jacket.

sent from your bedroom closet
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

delta
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Seems like I could keep buying whatever is on sale at the big box store, and kill just as many ducks as everyone else. Wasteful spending. IMO 'but the pattern does look good.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”