Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Yes, definately
55%
Yes likley I would go
13%
Maybe I'd hunt them
13%
No I'd pass
19%

Total votes: 31
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:31 pm

9manfan wrote:Sarcasm Trigger.......U have to recognize it.......I put the little smiley faces in there, but next time I will put (sarcasm down for you)..... :lol:

Yeah... Because there is nothing easier to pick up on than sarcasm through text.....

Get it?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

9manfan wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
9manfan wrote:

Sarcasm Trigger.......U have to recognize it.......I put the little smiley faces in there, but next time I will put (sarcasm down for you)..... :lol:

CLASSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!....love that show.....

haha see... now that is funny sarcasm.

Ever watched that show without the laugh track? Youtube it. Its painful.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

The 3 of you should do a group hug since its Valentines day...
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Easy now girls.

sent from your bedroom closet
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Trigger wrote:
9manfan wrote:Sarcasm Trigger.......U have to recognize it.......I put the little smiley faces in there, but next time I will put (sarcasm down for you)..... :lol:

Yeah... Because there is nothing easier to pick up on than sarcasm through text.....

Get it?

Not that difficult ............ :lol:... (Sarcasm)
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:14 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Where I hunted while motoring back to the landing on the 2nd day, I saw lots of dead floating ducks of non legal species during the Teal season.

What 6 or 7 year old is motoring their boat back to the landing on the second day of the season?
h2ofwlr wrote:Some of us are still upset. But most of us that remember '68 and were vocal about it are now gone....

I guess I must have been the only one that ever rode in a boat while my Dad steered it, huh?

And I guess I must have been the only one that listened to the older hunters and fishermen (who I hung around with) who were madder than a woman after the dog snarffed the Easter ham off the kitchen counter about the politics involved of how we were axed from the 2nd and 3rd Teal season that the other states still got to hunt in.

And I guess I am the only one that asked his Dad "why did the hunters shoot the ducks and let them lay?" after getting to the landing that 2nd day after seeing multiple ducks floating up against the weeds on the way back...

Some of this formed a basic "right" and "wrong" in me at an early age. I think we are all born with knowing which is which, and as it was, maybe the things that I saw solidified my stance on some sooner than other kids. Including forming strong opinions on self serving politicians.

And yes we all make mistakes, the key is do we learned from them and try not to repeat them? I hope so. Thus I realize that must be room for error. Funny thing is like I mentioned earlier, I am for the Teal season. But am also for a 1 mistake duck allowance in the production states. We all know some hunters with even being careful can make a mistake and miss ID a duck. And a few will shoot at everything. Thus in the spirit of minimizing wanton waste of the ducks not legal, with I think the best solution is an allowance of 1 mistake duck. And if the USFWS is concerned about the over all harvest of non legal ducks, make it a 2 day season and 4 total teal with a 1 mistake duck allowance. I think this is the best for all concerned.

Here is a dilema if there is no mistake duck; A hunter shoots a not legal duck and is floating dead in the water. Do you take possession of it so it is not wasted? Or leave it lay and and let it rot?

BTW, in both cases you are breaking the law. Leaving it lay is wanton waste and if the CO saw you shoot it, a double ticket. Where as if in your posession a single ticket of possession of a out of season duck. And of course besides the lawful consideration, there is the ethical consideration on this too.

You all have good day now, unless of course you have made other plans.

You have an amazing memory to recollect that teal season account from when you were 6 so vividly 50 years later. It's also amazing that you were so interested and in tune with duck season politics when you were 9. You must be very special.

Or...it's a bunch of secondhand hearsay that you're trying to pawn off as firsthand experience. Since that's pretty much your calling card that seems like the much more plausible explanation. I look forward to your next long-winded, melodramatic rebuttal explaining things...the kind usually made by liars. They just keep digging themselves deeper....

Here's my account of early teal season in 1965.

I hunted Swan Lake with my Dad. Everyone shot limits of teal and only teal. Not a mistake duck was shot on the lake. It was pretty much the best duck hunt ever.

You know what my account and your account have in common?

They're both purely fictional.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:The 3 of you should do a group hug since its Valentines day...

Three?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Ooops I forgot FF, he should be in the middle since he feels so angry, a big hug may make him feel loved.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Ooops I forgot FF, he should be in the middle since he feels so angry, a big hug may make him feel loved.

What can I say, liars make me angry. At least you're not denying it...I'd hate to see you follow up lies with more lies.

On a side note, I look forward to hearing about your firsthand accounts of what the market hunting was like on Heron Lake at the turn of the century.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:14 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Ooops I forgot FF, he should be in the middle since he feels so angry, a big hug may make him feel loved.

Hey I'm not involved in this point. Just immediately thought of big bang theory. Don't hate.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”