ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Re: League Shooting

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:38 am

triplecurler wrote: Just signed my 13 year old up for the 1st year of trap league at our high school.

Awesome job on that! I wish they had that when I was in school.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 am

This is the first year for our school, they may have 10 kids. If they get enough interest they will have a spring and fall league.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:17 pm

triplecurler wrote:I Just signed my 13 year old up for the 1st year of trap league at our high school.

2 thumbs up! I think it is either a Letter sport this or next year, I do know that the MNHSL had sanctioned it last year--but not sure when it goes into effect.

This is something all the guys with teens should consider.

And perhaps the schools need Coaches or Asst coaches, something some here should consider to volunteer to do to be of help.

I know that the PF chapter in the NW metro has donated guns and a safe 2 years ago for one school. The safes are key and from my understanding from a good friend of mine, they are installed at the gun club to store the guns for the HS shooters.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:59 am

One thing to mention for the parents: the colleges/universities in MN often have gun safes in the dorms.... at least they did. Bemidji has game cleaning rooms in some.

Bemidji State Policy: https://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/safety/policies/firearms_and_weapons/

St Cloud State: Looks like they may have changed their policy..... keeping people safe from the fear of knowing that, somewhere in MN, possibly near by, is a firearm waiting to kill.

If your kids are enjoying shooting, enjoying the outdoors hunting/fishing, I strongly encourage parents to be involved in making that part of selection criteria. If your going to dump $40k+, do it in a place you have reason to skip class.

Return to “Firearms, Ammo & Gear Discussion”