Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Yes, definately
55%
Yes likley I would go
13%
Maybe I'd hunt them
13%
No I'd pass
19%

Total votes: 31
Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 pm

lanyard wrote:I've never seen dead coots floating randomly on opener..... Swan~ for the outlaw in all of us?

It the place where even the most ardent preachers about the demise of hunter ethics will try to set up within 100 yards of other groups.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Subject: Nail meet sledge hammer.

Trigger wrote: I would only trust the things I observe since since I turned 21 or so

Imagine that! I think we have person that came out of the closet as to what his true character is for reliability.

So 75% of the stuff you posted on this thread is unreliable, eh? Must be since you are about 28 and 3/4 of your life by your own admission it ain't worth squat for recollection or assessing what the fact were.

And that Includes me setting up 100yds from you on opener and the other events that morning since you were like 18 back then.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Subject: Nail meet sledge hammer.

Trigger wrote: I would only trust the things I observe since since I turned 21 or so

Imagine that! I think we have person that came out of the closet as to what his true character is for reliability.

So 75% of the stuff you posted on this thread is unreliable, eh? Must be since you are about 28 and 3/4 of your life by your own admission it ain't worth squat for recollection or assessing what the fact were.

And that Includes me setting up 100yds from you on opener and the other events that morning since you were like 18 back then.

WTF are you talking about? Clearly cocaine is a hell of a drug. H20Fowler, still the greatest TROLL of all time.

If you trust your observation skills as a teenager (or in your case a 6 year old), I would call you ignorant. What did I post that is unreliable? And clearly this aspect passed you up, but by educating yourself on a subject, you can shorten the learning curve as well.

The incident where you attempted to downwind me within 100 yards on opener occurred two days after my 21st birthday. Luckily my friends were hiding in the cattails near where you pulled in and told you to leave to keep unethical guys like you from potentially shooting us.
Last edited by Trigger on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Trigger wrote:
lanyard wrote:I've never seen dead coots floating randomly on opener..... Swan~ for the outlaw in all of us?

It the place where even the most ardent preachers about the demise of hunter ethics will try to set up within 100 yards of other groups.

And then once they are called out on their true ways, with no other choice except admittance of their wrong doings, they will resort to attempting to discredit the truth teller. Just like a politician.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 am

Trigger wrote: Clearly cocaine is a hell of a drug. H20Fowler, still the greatest TROLL of all time.

The incident where you attempted to downwind me within 100 yards on opener occurred two days after my 21st birthday. Luckily my friends were hiding in the cattails near where you pulled in and told you to leave to keep unethical guys like you from potentially shooting us.

Oh, a real tough guy -- calling me a druggie. I never touched that stuff, but since you brought it up, I think we all know who did though. I think the members can really see who is immature and is still 'out there' by your name calling.

It must have been one hell of a party as the 2 dolts were still drunk and passed out in the bottom of their skiff 2 days later--they were so drunk that they did not wake up with me motoring around with a 25 HP and shining a million candle power light around for 20 minutes.

But as you own words say--we can not trust anyone your age
Trigger wrote: "I would only trust the things I observe since since I turned 21 or so"

Trigger wrote: And then once they are called out on their true ways, with no other choice except admittance of their wrong doings, they will resort to attempting to discredit the truth teller. Just like a politician.

Intestingly--that is exactly what you have done by discrediting yourself.

And another thing, none of us would trust anything that you think you saw while you're under the influence, including today.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:47 am

h2ofwlr wrote:
Trigger wrote: Clearly cocaine is a hell of a drug. H20Fowler, still the greatest TROLL of all time.

Oh, a real tough guy -- calling me a druggie. I never touched that stuff, but since you brought it up, I think we all know who did though. I think the members can really see who is immature and is still 'out there' by your name calling.

It must have been one hell of a party as the 2 dolts were still drunk and passed out in the bottom of their skiff 2 days later--they were so drunk that they did not wake up with me motoring around with a 25 HP and shining a million candle power light around for 20 minutes.

But as you own words say--we can not trust anyone your age
Trigger wrote: "I would only trust the things I observe since since I turned 21 or so"

Trigger wrote: And then once they are called out on their true ways, with no other choice except admittance of their wrong doings, they will resort to attempting to discredit the truth teller. Just like a politician.

Intestingly--that is exactly what you have done by discrediting yourself.

And another thing, none of us would trust anything that you think you saw while you're under the influence, including today.

heeeeeeee's trollin trollin trollin

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 pm

So I just got home from the WIS waterfowl hunter conference and as of WED. the mid continent waterfowl conference(may be wrong had a few) . But the USFW told MN its all teal or nothing and MN has taken the back burner( does not want teal season) ..... WIS waterfowl biologist has stated that good or bad we should not look a gift horse in the mouth, the season is a 3 year experiment and the states can shut it down at any time if needed....... I hope MN takes it.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:08 pm

Quack wrote:The "mistake duck" concept is pharce.

It's not like the mistake duck attempt average was 10-25%. It was 50% in MN, 45% in all states combined, and some of the southern states (where supposedly teal are the only species present) had a worse average than MN!

It's obvious hunters are unwilling or unable to shoot only teal. They are shooting at everything that comes by.

I see no reason to believe that the average duck hunter's ability or willingness to select by species has changed in the past 50 years.

50 years of this and duck numbers in recent years have been the highest they have been in that stretch of time, with teal- the targeted species being well above it's long term average.

It's as though waterfowl managers and biologists know exactly what they are doing. Maybe we should take their word for it that Minnesota can handle a teal season.

And having to properly ID ducks is required during the regular season as well. Are you saying we shouldn't have any duck season?
Last edited by Trigger on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 pm

ducksmuggler wrote:MN has taken the back burner( does not want teal season) ..... WIS waterfowl biologist has stated that good or bad we should not look a gift horse in the mouth

Only in Minnesota would hunters fight against havin more days to hunt when we have our largest populations of ducks in the state. There is good reason why waterfowlers in every other state laugh at us.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm

I still think that a 2 day all species hunt would be the best for everyone concerned in Mid Sept.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”