Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Yes, definately
55%
Yes likley I would go
13%
Maybe I'd hunt them
13%
No I'd pass
19%

Total votes: 31
h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Would you hunt the teal season in Sept if offered in MN?

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:37 pm

Trigger wrote: [There were probably 50% more ducks of different species present back then.

For that to be true that would mean that 50% of the duck species would have been extinct or completely gone from MN. So your reasoning does not hold up at all.

BTW, we were comming off a severe droughts in the ealry '60s and restrictive seasons.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Trigger wrote: [There were probably 50% more ducks of different species present back then.

For that to be true that would mean that 50% of the duck species would have been extinct or completely gone from MN. So your reasoning does not hold up at all.

BTW, we were comming off a severe droughts in the ealry '60s and restrictive seasons.

He wasn't saying there were other species, but that the mix consisted of less teal and more other species

Sent from a phancy fone

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm

Goldfish wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:

He wasn't saying there were other species, but that the mix consisted of less teal and more other species

Sent from a phancy fone

Yep... And I was using an ASStatistic that fowler so keenly caught onto. But I based that number off years of reading fowler write about how much better the waterfowling was I minnesota back in the 60's... But now he's telling me it wasn't that much better than it is now. I'm so confused.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:53 pm

:lol:

The #1 reason why the '60s was better? We had a LOT more wetlands and grasslands in the SW 1/3 of MN. Meaning we had a LOT more ducks in MN than now. Good habitat is the key as we all know. And there was still a good % of wetlands left in the PPR compared to now too. We actually got a good migration from the NW every fall.

And remember we had almost twice the waterfowl hunters at that time too.

There was a reason why Mn was #1 state in waterfowl harvest in the MS flyway.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”