triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Meat grinder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 pm

What's a good low cost meat grinder? Looking to do 2-3 deer per year and maybe some pork. Can I get one for under $300? Manual or power.

Been looking at reviews on cabelas site and reviews are always all over the place.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Meat grinder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Cabelas are POS. Get the nesco commercial one at fleet farm...think its like $160

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm thinking about buying one that goes on my wife's kitchen aid, anyone have one of those? Looking for the same type of deal.

dfrauenkron
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Had good luck with Cabelas. Had a 1 hp commercial grade for years. I'd say we average well over 1000 lbs. a year. Upgraded to 1 3/4 hp last summer couldn't be happier. With your needs and budget you would be happy with the 1/2 hp model. They go on sale pretty regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Cabelas are POS. Get the nesco commercial one at fleet farm...think its like $160

I only see LEM grinders on fleet farms website.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Musher
Coot Commander

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:01 am

Go with a bigger one than you think you need. Stay away from anything with plastic gears. We started out with a hand grinders -sucks! Currently have a Cabelas one that doesn't have enough horse power and has plastic gears that are wearing out.

We do a few deer, usually a bear, lots of goose and some pork each year and really need a bigger grinder. I'll be looking at something along the lines of a commercial grinder. Cuts down on the time needed to grind and should last long enough that my grand kids could still use it.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”