randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bow Hunting Reports...Whats Left of the Season Anyway

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Any way of putting food plots on your property to hold the deer there?
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:22 am

I had one food plot about 1/3 acre in size for the last 8 years or so...and just added a second one this year about 1/3 acre. I started thinking though, how many deer would 2/3 of an acre actually support in Winter? Not very many. I'd like to expand them possibly to about 1-2 acres each, that may help some.

It seems like in the early years I saw more deer later into the year and the last few years they just haven't been around. I dunno. I do know that about 2 miles away, there is a field that once snow hits is covered in deer. I don't know what is so special about that piece of woods and field, but they definitely head that direction.

I will go several more times, and once theres snow see if theres any tracks. If theres not I'll probably hang it up.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:28 am

Just getting to the stand. Hopefully see one of the 10 does I'm always seeing earlier.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:21 am

Couple pics over the years. First one gave me nightmares last year as I saw him four times between the end of October and Thanksgiving but was never in the right place at the right time...he frustrated the hell out of me. I am pretty sure he was out there again this year but like I said game cams were stolen. I get a few decent bucks every year on camera.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:58 am

Couple nice bucks there! Well there was no shortage of deer seen today. Saw 5 a half mile from my stand driving to the field, 1 unknown right at the light and then 7 does and yearlings that hung up at about 60 yards. Only two yearlings came within range but we're not even half the size of the mature does. They live to see another day. As I was leaving there were four more does walking into my parents grove. Hoping to get it done tomorrow.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:28 am

Nice good luck

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:54 am

I wonder if they make a low cost minature GPS that you can place into a Game cam so that it is not noticed? If solen you go to your computer and can track them down. And let the LEOs have the info and they can get a search warrant and you can get them back.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:06 am

h2ofwlr wrote:I wonder if they make a low cost minature GPS that you can place into a Game cam so that it is not noticed? If solen you go to your computer and can track them down. And let the LEOs have the info and they can get a search warrant and you can get them back.

That would be BA but I don't think low cost and gps can go in the same sentence here.

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 am

Only saw 1 deer this morning before shooting light. Did not get out for very long though.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:22 am

h2ofwlr wrote:I wonder if they make a low cost minature GPS that you can place into a Game cam so that it is not noticed? If solen you go to your computer and can track them down. And let the LEOs have the info and they can get a search warrant and you can get them back.

Hide one camera up in a tree watching another camera. You will get pictures of them stealing the decoy camera on the hidden one.

Sent from a phancy fone

Return to “Big & Small Game Hunting”