get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: Shootem in the neck

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:22 pm

The elks dead, right?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:35 pm

For all you guys that shoot at deer quartering towards you, please stay away from my area. I'm tired of finding dead deer all over.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 am

[quote="gimpfinger"]For all you guys that shoot at deer quartering towards you, please stay away from my area. I'm tired of finding dead deer all over.

sent from your under your bed[/quote

This kid is good enough shot to drop that elk without it even taking a step! Obviously this kid has practiced more than most people and is a crack shot who is 100% confident in taking this shot.

You cannot argue with the results.

Bow hunters wound shat all the time. Most common phrase I hear from bow hunters "I swore it was a good shot, we found blood but then it just stopped" "the good thing is I'm confident it will live" ha ha ha

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:For all you guys that shoot at deer quartering towards you, please stay away from my area. I'm tired of finding dead deer all over.

sent from your under your bed[/quote

This kid is good enough shot to drop that elk without it even taking a step! Obviously this kid has practiced more than most people and is a crack shot who is 100% confident in taking this shot.

You cannot argue with the results.

Bow hunters wound shat all the time. Most common phrase I hear from bow hunters "I swore it was a good shot, we found blood but then it just stopped" "the good thing is I'm confident it will live" ha ha ha

Pretty sure 90% of bowhunters are too stupid to back out and give the deer ample time to expire before running to the next county and dying there.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 pm

I wouldn't take it either because of the angle. I have shot a whitetail straight on at 6 yards with immediate deadly results. I've butchered enough to know the path to the vitals.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 am

Risky shot or not, the elk is dead. If you can't make a shot like that don't take it. There are more dead deer laying out there from taking high percentage shots, than by guys that know what they are doing. Leave the good shots to the guys that can do it and go wound your deer with your "high percentage" shots.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:Risky shot or not, the elk is dead. shots.

Ya that one is dead, they're not going to post all the cripple shots. Anybody can look like a top shot on YouTube.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:14 pm

^^^ Exactly.

The bottom line is this--if you take 100 shots, how many are a bullseye where you aimed? So obviously a bigger target area is desirable.

Another factor is buck fever -- which is adreniline pumping like crazy. This can also play a major factor in where an arrow hits, as it is 1 thing to shoot at a target, and another at a live big game animal.

That being said, I have to tip my hat to the kid for a precise shot.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:24 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:If you can't make a shot like that don't take it.

That is a good goal, as no disgreement, but how many hunters actually restrain themselves?

Look at duck hunters that can not hit ducks at 30 yds and yet consistently shoot at them at 50 yds.

And them there is the "well I did shoot that goose at 90yds up one time" crowd who continue to shoot well beyond the ballistics capability. I think some of us have seen them, 2 boxes of shells and not 1 goose down becuase they are so high. But the main concern is how many were actually hit and will die an 1/2 hr, 3 days, or 3 weeks later from their wound? That is the ethical concern.

Point being in all of this is it is best to take the highest % shots and with in ones capabilities.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I remember shooting lead in the 60's and 70's at geese 80 yards away and dropping them with no problem

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
official sour toe member number 52,814

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”