gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fishermens outlet.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:09 am

lanyard wrote:I have a few St. Croix and one Loomis. I like the Loomis better, but not $80 better.

Worked at Gander in fishing for about 5 years, late 90's. Not sure if guys did it on purpose, but saw Fenwick's lifetime warranty get used more than one would think. Most ever on St. Croix was a new tip. Nothing on Loomis.

Crap, I think my "Fowler" meter just tweaked up a notch.

That's funny because all the Loomis guys always brag how every time they break one they send it in and get a new one (for a fee).

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:16 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Aunt and Uncle live in Spirit Lake/Okobogi...prefer going in the Summer when there's scantily clad college co eds everywhere

same hear summer pan fishing trip!! and on the rods I used to buy HIGH end rods but since most of my fishing is trolling for walleyes or cat fishing, with rods sitting in a rod holder and spend more time watching the tip.. all them high end rods do is give you bragging rights that my stick cost more than yours!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:03 am

Does G Lupis make a good pole to put an extra zebco 202 I've got laying around?

I've snapped a few GL-er's.

They are a world apart, but more of it is the person holding the rod. For the casual fisherman there's no point in owning a Loomer. If you like to feel the bottom changes and what's going on at the end of your rod, they are great rods. I personally am not a St Croix fan.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 am

I go into the bargain cave at cabelas and look for rods that used to be 7ft but are now 6.5 with an unmatched guide on the tip. Those are usually the best.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:02 am

I buy $100 muskie rods with lifetime warranty's. If they break the bait store is 10 blocks from my house and they hand me a brand new one. When it comes to heavy rods for big fish I do not think you need super expensive rods. I usually know I have a bite when I get one. Same goes with Cat gear, I know plenty of guys who catch lots of flat heads down south with cheap ugly sticks. I catch big fish and I set into snags harder than anyone you've seen. :lol: And I have yet to break a muskie rod.

That is a stellar deal Gimp.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 am

Trigger wrote:I go into the bargain cave at cabelas and look for rods that used to be 7ft but are now 6.5 with an unmatched guide on the tip. Those are usually the best.

Yup me too, it's just to bad that this Fenwick is a store return because of no tags.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:22 am

Trigger wrote:I go into the bargain cave at cabelas and look for rods that used to be 7ft but are now 6.5 with an unmatched guide on the tip. Those are usually the best.

I think I just pee-d a little.

At least they give you $2.50 off, that seems reasonable.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:15 am

Waaiiiiit a minute.... you mean the Bargain Cave might... not... be... a bargain?

If that's the case, at least I still have Gander to provide me the lowest prices on guns due to their having the largest selection :lol:

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am

*said with a lisp*
Now that's just silly

Sent from a phancy fone

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 am

At least that unmatched tip will be crooked.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”