get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: Shootem in the neck

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 pm

The rub is, I don't know other peoples abilities. Even being a competent waterfowl hunter and liking birds close, I personally do miss birds and wound them. Do I like to miss or wound birds, nope. But it is hunting. Not just shooting ducks in a barrel.

I can't control other peoples actions, I can only control my own. It drives me nuts how a kid makes a great shot, kills the bull dead in its tracks and he shouldn't have? I call bs on that thought process. He seemed to look like he knew what he was doing, so good for him. There's probably tons of guys who couldn't have made that shot that close broad sided with their high caliber deer rifle. But I'm not the ethics police. Do we start saying at what angles shots should be legal?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Ya cause every peckerwood noob needs to think that's always s good shot to take since it was on YouTube.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 am

Would it be OK if Phil Robertson took that shot?

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:16 am

Stute Slap wrote:Would it be OK if Phil Robertson took that shot?

Yep, cause he's got skills.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:19 am

gimpfinger wrote:Ya cause every peckerwood noob needs to think that's always s good shot to take since it was on YouTube.

sent from your under your bed

How many "noob's" are going to get an opportunity on an elk stopped in that exact angle with a bow?

People were stupid before youtube, and they'll be stupid after youtube.

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 am

A friend of mine shot a young buck in the ear on purpose. It was his first bowkill. It was the only part of the buck he could see at 10 yards. The guy was an incredible shot on targets and was absolutely confident he would hit where he aimed. The buck fell in his tracks with the broadhead in the brain.

Muskrat Hunter
Coot Commander

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:38 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:I remember shooting lead in the 60's and 70's at geese 80 yards away and dropping them with no problem

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

Ya OK sure ya do:roll:

Muskrat Hunter
Coot Commander

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:39 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:I remember shooting lead in the 60's and 70's at geese 80 yards away and dropping them with no problem

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

Ya OK sure ya do :roll:

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:43 am

I don't bow hunt, but since I'm on the internet I have an opinion. And the fact that I have an opinion, of course, makes it valid.....

Life sucks. Tough angle. Good shot. Clean kill. Plenty of "what ifs" happen on great angles and broadside shots that take things the wrong direction..... the other thing is, I believe that video was listed as semi-private, so you could only get to it with a link.

And I agree, stupid has existed for eternity.... we're just better at encouraging the opportunity for stupid to reproduce at a faster rate.... it's kind of the nature of humanity.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:28 am

lanyard wrote:I don't bow hunt, but since I'm on the internet I have an opinion. And the fact that I have an opinion, of course, makes it valid.....

Life sucks. Tough angle. Good shot. Clean kill. Plenty of "what ifs" happen on great angles and broadside shots that take things the wrong direction..... the other thing is, I believe that video was listed as semi-private, so you could only get to it with a link.

And I agree, stupid has existed for eternity.... we're just better at encouraging the opportunity for stupid to reproduce at a faster rate.... it's kind of the nature of humanity.

classic

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”