gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Teal Season UPDATE ! ! !

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Nershi wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:So if I can't be trusted to shoot the right birds can I prepay my fines this summer so I can shoot some six bird limits on cans this fall?

sent from your under your bed

You can shoot 50 cans if you want. Why stop at 6?

50 would be easy some days but you got to have some self control.

Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:25 pm

I can't believe the MWA is back to their thieving ways again... except this time its stealing waterfowling opportunities from the people that support them financially. What a bunch of bleeding heart pussies. Seeing as that org no longer stands in support of hunters, I hope they disappear, besides supplying a can of spray paint to put MWA on the side of some nesting structures on hwy 212 they have failed miserably.

And Cordt's is now just a complete... I don't know what. He's clearly a liar, unless he was being very specific about not getting any "Calls" and forgot to mention e-mails ( emails should count, this is 2014 after all). If I was Landwehr I would consider some sort of punishment for allowing one of my employees to be quoted in a paper saying that the people he is serving are going to be criminals and stomp birds in the mud... what a flocking moron.

I am officially a Minnesota hater. The people here (not everyone obviously) that are in charge or have political pull, or any loud voice are idiots and an embarrassment to hunters.

Fighting against a teal season in no way shape or form will help improve Minnesota's declining waterfowling heritage.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:29 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Your phone calls mean nothing.

As with ALL government decisions it is based upon ego and what those in the inner circle (=money) want.

How many believe that he has not received ONE phone calling in favor of it? Ridiculous.

Your opinion is shit. Save your breath for cooling your porridge.

Stute Slap wrote:So in fall hunting season they magically improve and shoot the correct birds?

comical excuse

Bottom line is he, personally doesn't want it. There probably aren't any teal at his hunting spots. And he is king and we are his subjects and we will do what he says. Ego,power, government,B.S.

He is purposely torpedoing the season by adding on the "1 mistake duck" to the season. Feds will never go with that, it's a terrible idea, he knows it. It's a way out so he doesn't disturb the sheeple. He can say "I tried to get the season but the Feds shut me down) But he doesn't mention he added the "mistake duck" to the proposal.

Think about, if he was truly worried about people shooting ducks other than teal - why in the hell would he allow people to lawfully shoot one duck other than teal? It's completely ridiculous, but also completely typical of our deceitful and dysfunctional leaders.

I think with those 2 posts that you are now a bonefide member of the tin foil hat club.

We don't need any trolling going on here... those were good posts.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 pm

h2ofwlr wrote: Remmeber that back then there ere less than 1/2 of the teal as we have now.

Which should be reason 1-A why a teal season make sense now... WE HAVE A FLOCK LOAD OF THEM!!! (in early-mid September).

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:43 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
2nd option presented to them was the 6 a day Teal season. They are not in favor becuase they think this will be the new "opener" for Mn. And basically that there was high concern of blowing the other ducks out of MN before the main regular season opener. I can see their point--meaning how many guys have been complaining about 5-8k kids blowing the birds out of MN on YWD? Now put 10 times many hunters out there hunting during teal season for a week.

I can't see their point here honestly. I get it with YWD, because it's limited to youth.

What is so wrong with having a 'new' opener? Every man, woman and child has fair chance at these teal. No different than what goes on a few weeks later other than being limited to just teal.

Will they push other off limits ducks out? Probably, but they were going to leave before opener anyways.

I'm not really a strong advocate for an early teal season, not against it either. If the DNR decides to offer it, I'll do my best to take advantage of the opportunity.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:54 pm

shnelson wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:
2nd option presented to them was the 6 a day Teal season. They are not in favor becuase they think this will be the new "opener" for Mn. And basically that there was high concern of blowing the other ducks out of MN before the main regular season opener. I can see their point--meaning how many guys have been complaining about 5-8k kids blowing the birds out of MN on YWD? Now put 10 times many hunters out there hunting during teal season for a week.

I can't see their point here honestly. I get it with YWD, because it's limited to youth.

What is so wrong with having a 'new' opener? Every man, woman and child has fair chance at these teal. No different than what goes on a few weeks later other than being limited to just teal.

Will they push other off limits ducks out? Probably, but they were going to leave before opener anyways.

I'm not really a strong advocate for an early teal season, not against it either. If the DNR decides to offer it, I'll do my best to take advantage of the opportunity.

So they don't think the week of hunting before the split don't push birds out? Like I said they are just blowing smoke. Lie lie lie. Truth is they don't trust us one bit and that makes me hate them even more.

It's not really as hard as they are making it out to be. A 2 day hunt mid September. Then move opener back to the closest weekend to the first of October like it used to be.

Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Time for a boycott of MWA..

The fact that they would use their name to publicly oppose a teal season as if they were speaking on behalf of all their members is infuriating. They'll never receive another dollar from me.

Even Mike McGinty wouldn't have done something this stupid in the name of the organization and that is saying a lot. Way to go Brad Nylin on using the organization as a mouthpiece to voice your own opinion. At least McGinty's misgivings were only bad accounting which he did to try to get more habitat on the ground. Remember that? When MWA was a habitat organization? If you go to their website nowadays all it is about is the Woodie Camp, Waterfowl Symposiums, Golf Tournaments, and Hall of Fame ceremonies.

Say what you want about McGinty but he got stuff done. Yes, he tried to stretch the budget too far but at least it was because he wanted to put more habitat on the ground. The MWA has become an organization of gray hairs who sit around and talk about how there's no ducks in MN like there used to be and seasons and limits should be reduced because they haven't shot a limit from their favorite spot since '79.

Thank God DU has stepped up and is actually getting stuff done in MN instead of crying about a proposed teal season.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Threads like this amaze me...at how highly regarded MN duck hunters are amongst their peers(until duck season,of course).

In this state, with all the ignorant, third rate waterfowlers, including many here. I would estimate that number 95%. A teal season will just be duck season. I guarantee the DNR is cautious of this. I can't imagine it ever happening as an actual teal season.
Dominate The Skies.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Duck hunter kills world record blue wing teal, 4pounds 2ounce. Duck hunter from nowheresville, mn faces penalty and jail time for shooting 6 canvasback during early teal season.

I might as well created the headline now, you know it'll happen.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Anyone know what the best waders are to stomp brown ducks into the mud?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”