Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fishermens outlet.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:29 am

Nershi wrote:When it comes to heavy rods for big fish I do not think you need super expensive rods. I usually know I have a bite when I get one. Same goes with Cat gear, I know plenty of guys who catch lots of flat heads down south with cheap ugly sticks. I catch big fish and I set into snags harder than anyone you've seen.

A cheap ugly stick does not even compare in the least to a quality, custom built catfish rod.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:43 am

Perch_44 wrote:
Nershi wrote:When it comes to heavy rods for big fish I do not think you need super expensive rods. I usually know I have a bite when I get one. Same goes with Cat gear, I know plenty of guys who catch lots of flat heads down south with cheap ugly sticks. I catch big fish and I set into snags harder than anyone you've seen.

A cheap ugly stick does not even compare in the least to a quality, custom built catfish rod.

Never said it did. My point was you don't need a fancy custom rod. Let's be honest we are talking about bottom feeders here.

Perch_44
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Nershi wrote:
Perch_44 wrote:

Never said it did. My point was you don't need a fancy custom rod. Let's be honest we are talking about bottom feeders here.

Bottom feeders? Flathead Catfish is the largest predatory species in the river hands down. and they eat just as much live bait as dead.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Perch_44 wrote:
Nershi wrote:
Perch_44 wrote:[quote="Nershi"]When it comes to heavy rods for big fish I do not think you need super expensive rods. I usually know I have a bite when I get one. Same goes with Cat gear, I know plenty of guys who catch lots of flat heads down south with cheap ugly sticks. I catch big fish and I set into snags harder than anyone you've seen.

Bottom feeders? Flathead Catfish is the largest predatory species in the river hands down. and they eat just as much live bait as dead.[/quote]

I would say they eat mostly live foods. Also they can be a surface feeder. One reason I bring a few muskie topwaters when I'm night fishing. Someday yes someday I will get my topwater flat.

sent from your under your bed
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:31 pm

People actually target catfish? On purpose????
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:53 pm

Catfish are delicious.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Perch_44 wrote:

I disagree completly.

Head to Alaska and see what the number one salmon pole is up there.

Lots of guys from the lower 48 walking out with busted expensive poles proud to say they will replace it, but they aint fishing no more with that rod.

And the Ugly stick cat fish rod is awesome for cats!
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”