Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: The "why is it" thread

Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:21 pm

GK1 wrote:Why is it I think FF and Fowler meet every Saturday morning at a seedy ass bar and hold each other for support.

Because "Man-Love" is the Best Love.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
emptymag wrote:Why is it that people like/love sports so much?

To feel connected....

To what?
Some guys they have never met?
To something that doesn’t matter and has zero effect on your life?(unless you sports bet maybe)
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Why is it I have a friend who moved here from Iowa when he was like 8 years old, 8!!!..and is the oldest kid and his whole family is still obsessed with the Hawkeyes...

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:28 pm

Why is it that drunk drivers hardly ever get injured in an accident, but their victims are always maimed or killed?

Why is it that a drunk driver does not have a mandatory background check when purchasing, renting, or borrowing a vehicle ? (To insure valid, unrestricted DL & insurance). Driving is a privilege, not a right like the 2nd Amendment.

Why is it that a drunk driver accumulates several convictions before any real penalties are imposed?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Why is it murders only get 20 years for killing someone?killing....

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:52 am

Fish Felon wrote:
GK1 wrote:Why is it I think FF and Fowler meet every Saturday morning at a seedy ass bar and hold each other for support.

Because "Man-Love" is the Best Love.

:shock:

While I sympathize for you that Epstein was offed by Hillary, don't come looking my way...
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 am

Why is it that emptymag hates sports so much? Who did him wrong?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:29 am

emptymag wrote:Why is it murders only get 20 years for killing someone?killing....

Why is it that drunk drivers on average serve only 3-5 years for manslaughter when their accident victim(s) are killed?

Why is it that Black Lives Matter refuse to deal with the daily shootings and/or killings in their own back yard?

Why is it that state government officials are not held accountable for their actions that costs us millions? (I.e, MnLARS, DHS, Extremely expensive wayside rests area restorations)
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:38 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I'll start.

Ever since they built Maple Grove hospital, and I drive past it almost every day in 94 traffic, I've wondered why ambulances don't blast right down the shoulder and take the exit to the hospital, they will slowly crawl through stop and go traffic blaring the horn and flashing lights so people divide like the red Sea for them. When seconds could count this absolutely doesn't make sense to me.

Is it because the shoulders are too rough/road debris that could possibly cause additional injury to the patient and/or damage the ambulance?

While I won't claim to know the answers to alot of the nonsense being brought up in this thread, this question is a pretty simple one..... liability.

Anytime EMS break traffic laws the liability goes through the roof. Sounds ridiculous at face value but it's real. There were several high profile cases from the late 90's, maybe even early 2000's where emergency vehicles went through lights or traveling at a high rate of speed either killed or hurt someone. Who's at fault? The driver of the ambulance or fire truck was more often than not and lawsuits didn't stop at the agency level. The operators were sometimes held criminally accountable. Same holds true for your scenario.... an ambulance jumps on to the shoulder lights and sirens blaring, 10 cars up some soccer mom hears it, not knowing where it's coming from and pulls her minivan with a car full of kids over (because it's a state law to do so) right into the ambulance? Guess who winds up in court and lilkely jail? It's easier and safer for us to pull over (by law) and them navigate through at a slower rate of speed. For the very few calls where seconds actually count, it doesn't do anyone... any good if that vehicle & driver gets in an accident

I took an emergency vehicle class in the mid-2000's (part of emt) and remember a paramedic doing a video conf as he was serving hard time for involuntary manslaughter, after running a light and t-boning someone. right intent, wrong placee at wrong time.... his crime was speeding. At the time there was a big push in all facets of ems to slow down. Some of it is unavoidable (i.e. an officer in pursuit) but especially in the cases of medical vehicles it was a neccessary evil.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:26 am

Why is it that the places I go there are things that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”