Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Re: How far have you traveled to shoot ducks?

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Canadia to the north, the the Mississippi river on SE MN for south, big stone for west, and east Mille Lacs or the SE post of the state for longitudinal distance.

Sent from a phancy fone

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Furthest I traveled is to the Gulf of Mexico. Hunted just inside the intercostal waterway. It's was unbelievable. Hope to go again.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I have traveled to central Manitoba, for divers and do for 2 weeks every year. out side of that Iowa, pool 4-9 for a day shoot.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

hillbilly
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:30 pm

triplecurler wrote:I myself have been as far north as The Pas, Saskatchewan, Canada and as far south as Jackson county Mississippi. We had a section we leased in Arkansas for a couple of years, but that got way to expensive @ $10,000 a year when I stopped doing it.

no wonder you said just buy a wis licences

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:16 pm

That's $1000 x 10 =10,000. Not $10000 each.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:45 pm

hillbilly wrote:
triplecurler wrote:I myself have been as far north as The Pas, Saskatchewan, Canada and as far south as Jackson county Mississippi. We had a section we leased in Arkansas for a couple of years, but that got way to expensive @ $10,000 a year when I stopped doing it.

Lol.

$1000 just for the location is still a lot to me. That's what my entire trip to Canada runs, and that includes gas money, food, etc

Sent from a phancy fone

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:07 am

Goldfish wrote:
hillbilly wrote:

Lol.

$1000 just for the location is still a lot to me. That's what my entire trip to Canada runs, and that includes gas money, food, etc

Sent from a phancy fone

You live and learn, it was a number of years ago and I was better financially, I'd never even consider it again. But that was for a section (1 mile square) that had flooded rice a creek and some flooded hardwoods and for the entire season.
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:16 am

Been to the cabin near longville...western mn, all over ND, SD for snows. Never hunted south of hwy 12 in MN.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 am

triplecurler wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
hillbilly wrote:[quote="triplecurler"]I myself have been as far north as The Pas, Saskatchewan, Canada and as far south as Jackson county Mississippi. We had a section we leased in Arkansas for a couple of years, but that got way to expensive @ $10,000 a year when I stopped doing it.

Lol.

Sent from a phancy fone

You live and learn, it was a number of years ago and I was better financially, I'd never even consider it again. But that was for a section (1 mile square) that had flooded rice a creek and some flooded hardwoods and for the entire season.[/quote]
That would be pretty awesome to have to yourself (and your 9 buddies)

Sent from a phancy fone

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Going on a vacation to gulf shores Alabama in January. Looking into outfitters down there for a day hunt. Hopefully we can make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”