Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:14 pm

SKOL!!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 pm

The 91 yard TD run killed us............Cowboys is now a must win................atleast we put up a fight and didn't lay an egg like the Pukers did.............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 pm

I don’t see how we finish better than 9-7. Losses to the cowboys, Packers, Sea Hawks, and bears are guaranteed. Could find a way to win a one, but could also find a way to lose to Lions or Chargers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Cousins looked like total dogshit. JFC did he suck all game.

My dad and uncle were at the game. I'm glad it was a great game as far as being compelling entertainment, and truth be told I'm kind of glad the Chiefs won at the last second since my uncle paid for the seats....and I'm guessing they weren't cheap....40yd line like ten rows back from the sideline.....

IMG_6567.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:39 pm

My uncle is a huge Chiefs fan, has had season tickets forever. For some reason he bought tickets (better seats) for this game, and then my cousin and his wife sat in his regular seats.

Anyways, point being....my uncle has never seen more road fans at Arrowhead...Ever...going back over at least a hundred home games over the past three decades.

For what it's worth, he was very impressed by how Viking fans travel. Which makes sense. Arrowhead is the same distance as Lambeau....and a much, much better game day experience....with the Vikes playing there like once a decade.

There's only two "flex" games that are open that the league uses for "rivalry" games. Take last year, the reason they were used on the Saints and the Eagles is because those were the two teams the Vikes played in the playoffs the previous season.

If the NFL was smart they'd use those two games more consistently based on geography. If they used one of those flex games on say....Vikings-Chiefs every year? They'd create a huge, very fun, rivalry. Plus there's a lot of history between the two teams. Super Bowl III, Chiefs used to always come and practice/scrimmage the Vikes every summer in Mankato for decades, etc.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 pm

I always like the Vikings playing the Chiefs..... it's not often we get to play the teams we lost to in Super Bowls...... with Sunday's loss, the regular season appearances are 7 for the Chiefs, 5 for the Vikes. Throw in that Super Bowl hammer the Chief's dropped on us (Len Dawson @ QB?) and we're a comfy 8 and 5.

Purple Pride, Purple Pride. We're an above average franchise, that be the beginning and end of the story. No new owners, no new coaches, no new quarterback is going to change that.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:31 am

Cousins needs a fire under him to play well, if no fire - he plays with mediocrity. :( Case in point the last 2 games of mediocrity, and the 3 before that with fire.

So we restructure deals to retain Rudolph - and then we don't use him as an offensive weapon? (palm to forehead). Yes you need to run the ball - but not at 65% of the time. Do it 50% and we'd get more passes to more players (besides to 14 & 19).

We need to do more up tempo on offensive, once we get them on their heals, keep hammering so they can not catch their breathe. Also it seems Cousins performs better on up tempo, (perhaps less time to think, and he just plays on instinct). I have to agree with the Nazi's from WWII - Blitzkrieg is the best way to pummel and over run the enemy. Up tempo is basically that philosophy.

Speaking of WWII, I need to be like the French Resistance, hit them, and then get the F out of there. Bye....
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:33 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Cousins needs a fire under him to play well, if no fire - he plays with mediocrity. :( Case in point the last 2 games of mediocrity, and the 3 before that with fire.

So we restructure deals to retain Rudolph - and then we don't use him as an offensive weapon? (palm to forehead). Yes you need to run the ball - but not at 65% of the time. Do it 50% and we'd get more passes to more players (besides to 14 & 19).

We need to do more up tempo on offensive, once we get them on their heals, keep hammering so they can not catch their breathe. Also it seems Cousins performs better on up tempo, (perhaps less time to think, and he just plays on instinct). I have to agree with the Nazi's from WWII - Blitzkrieg is the best way to pummel and over run the enemy. Up tempo is basically that philosophy.

Sweet baby jesus, the sun is shining on us today! Welcome back, Al :-)

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:50 pm

lanyard wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:Cousins needs a fire under him to play well, if no fire - he plays with mediocrity. :( Case in point the last 2 games of mediocrity, and the 3 before that with fire.

Sweet baby jesus, the sun is shining on us today! Welcome back, Al :-)

Hell's Yeah! I Concur!!

This NFL power rankings sums this past game up and where the team is right now pretty nicely, in my opinion.....

Screenshot_20191105-135451_NFL.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”