recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Coronavirus

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Take-a-Gander wrote:This is another ridiculous media hype, look at how many deaths there are from this years influenza and the Covid19.
Anything to sensationalize and sell ad time. Now is a good time to bargain shop stocks, he market was overdo for a correction. I am buying up what I can and sitting on it for 5 more years, then retirement baby!
You got it. Like when we killed killed the Iraq general CNN and the left wing media said trump had brought us world war 3. A week later the story was gone. Same old bs and people fall for it everytime

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:49 pm

The Phucking Liberal media is the biggest downfall of this country..................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Anybody watch his presser today? Hilarious when he tears the press apart...some lady asked an absurd question about him saying coronavirus was a hoax, when he goes "totally dishonest question, totally dishonest"like 3 times I literally lol'd. He didn't mean the virus itself was a hoax he had meant the Dems were turning it into a political ploy hoax...it cracked me up

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:52 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Anybody watch his presser today? Hilarious when he tears the press apart...some lady asked an absurd question about him saying coronavirus was a hoax, when he goes "totally dishonest question, totally dishonest"like 3 times I literally lol'd. He didn't mean the virus itself was a hoax he had meant the Dems were turning it into a political ploy hoax...it cracked me up
Cause ladies like her arent reporters they are democrat operatives pretending.And trust me they want chaos and are trying to stoke it in the public.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:20 am

Things are just getting started. I hope I’m wrong, but I believe it’s on and we are in for a full blown pandemic here in the US (and worldwide). Take a look at health journals in other parts of the world and see what they have to say...it’s not going away anytime soon. Two months from now, my prediction is full quarantine as cases explode here in the US and elsewhere. We look at China like the hole it is, but they have absolute power over their people and those measures are the only way to snuff this out. We can’t even get people tested and people will break any requests at widespread isolation. I was a Public Health major in college and this type of scenario was discussed many times, and things are falling in line perfectly for some of the worst case outcomes. My advice, stock up on dry goods, water etc. Current fatality rate in the US is over 10% so far from homegrown infections. This is going to get bad.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 am

I just read that most cases are very mild.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/worl ... overy.html

The folks who die have compromised immune systems already.

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:07 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:Things are just getting started. I hope I’m wrong, but I believe it’s on and we are in for a full blown pandemic here in the US (and worldwide). Take a look at health journals in other parts of the world and see what they have to say...it’s not going away anytime soon. Two months from now, my prediction is full quarantine as cases explode here in the US and elsewhere. We look at China like the hole it is, but they have absolute power over their people and those measures are the only way to snuff this out. We can’t even get people tested and people will break any requests at widespread isolation. I was a Public Health major in college and this type of scenario was discussed many times, and things are falling in line perfectly for some of the worst case outcomes. My advice, stock up on dry goods, water etc. Current fatality rate in the US is over 10% so far from homegrown infections. This is going to get bad.
Dont look now but the market was up 1300 points today. And yes I think you are dead wrong on your calls to stock up on supplies like the end is near. I will be interesed in two months from now to see what you say.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:20 pm

I hope I am wrong too. Current mortality rate for homegrown cases is 30%. We also don’t have the ability to scale a response like China does. One fact missing from the 80% figure is the other 20%. Of those, 5% require artificial respiration, and the other 15% require concentrated oxygen. We do not have enough respirators, nor hospital beds to achieve this, nor will our populace submit to quarantine like the Chinese to snuff this out. We are at 100 cases domestically as I write this. I predict close to, if not over, 2,000 two weeks out (that’s if the CDC can even get the damn test kits out). This number is actually light compared to the rate of transmission in other countries that are only a few weeks ahead of us. Despite what the media is trying to tell you, this is nothing like influenza. Medical journals from other countries indicate there has never been a respiratory virus that has the ability to spread like this. Again, I hope all of these Drs, Epidemiologists, Virologists etc around the world are wrong, but it’s appearing more and more likely that’s not the case.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:37 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:I hope I am wrong too. Current mortality rate for homegrown cases is 30%. We also don’t have the ability to scale a response like China does. One fact missing from the 80% figure is the other 20%. Of those, 5% require artificial respiration, and the other 15% require concentrated oxygen. We do not have enough respirators, nor hospital beds to achieve this, nor will our populace submit to quarantine like the Chinese to snuff this out. We are at 100 cases domestically as I write this. I predict close to, if not over, 2,000 two weeks out (that’s if the CDC can even get the damn test kits out). This number is actually light compared to the rate of transmission in other countries that are only a few weeks ahead of us. Despite what the media is trying to tell you, this is nothing like influenza. Medical journals from other countries indicate there has never been a respiratory virus that has the ability to spread like this. Again, I hope all of these Drs, Epidemiologists, Virologists etc around the world are wrong, but it’s appearing more and more likely that’s not the case.
Talk to me in two months. Im not worried.

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 pm

HnkrCrash wrote:I hope I am wrong too. Current mortality rate for homegrown cases is 30%. We also don’t have the ability to scale a response like China does. One fact missing from the 80% figure is the other 20%. Of those, 5% require artificial respiration, and the other 15% require concentrated oxygen. We do not have enough respirators, nor hospital beds to achieve this, nor will our populace submit to quarantine like the Chinese to snuff this out. We are at 100 cases domestically as I write this. I predict close to, if not over, 2,000 two weeks out (that’s if the CDC can even get the damn test kits out). This number is actually light compared to the rate of transmission in other countries that are only a few weeks ahead of us. Despite what the media is trying to tell you, this is nothing like influenza. Medical journals from other countries indicate there has never been a respiratory virus that has the ability to spread like this. Again, I hope all of these Drs, Epidemiologists, Virologists etc around the world are wrong, but it’s appearing more and more likely that’s not the case.

Two other outbreaks of Covid virus were more pathogenic. SARS in 2002 and another Corona virus in 2012 both in the Middle East. These were contained even though they were extremely contagious. Is there going to be a pandemic? Probably but the media does seem to be “hyping” this up however it does appear to be fatal in immune compromised patients just as most influenza is, right now I believe there have been around 17,000 fatalities from the current influenza strain, have to search to find that number as the media are pandering to the alarmists by showcasing Covid 19. Yes it is serious, wash your hands, cover your cough, eat well, exercise obviously don’t travel to high risk areas.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”