Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Splits

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:39 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Get rid of SW area as the South zone. Make a SE zone if they want to close it for 10 days. The SW area make it part of the Central zone with a 5 day no hunting split. As we've been bent over and F'd again 2 years in row with the close these last 4 days :evil:

You better start the lobbying effort now cause it took a long time to get the split and it will probably take a long time to change it back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: Splits

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Change it from 10 to 5 days I mean.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Splits

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:40 pm

gimpfinger wrote:Basically two more youth days.

Team Power Dump

Good point!
Bailey wrote:[quote="h2ofwlr"]Get rid of SW area as the South zone. Make a SE zone if they want to close it for 10 days. The SW area make it part of the Central zone with a 5 day no hunting split. As we've been bent over and F'd again 2 years in row with the close these last 4 days :evil:

You better start the lobbying effort now cause it took a long time to get the split and it will probably take a long time to change it back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk[/quote]

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:56 am

Let the roost busting MEA kids begin. Got a text last night from a high school kid that I told I would take out once harvest was done. He sent me a picture with a pond loaded with geese and said his boss got permission for him. It's the biggest roost within a 15 mile radius of the area. Three years ago someone jumped it and there was maybe 5% of the birds that are normally there the rest of the year. It holds 1K-5K birds basically all season once they make it down here. Tried convincing him to hold off and not hunt the pond because it'll screw up the rest of the year but I'm pretty sure he's hunting it this morning.

I'm not the "typical" field hunter you all hate that thinks water hunting screws up field hunting and all that non sense but this situation really does suck.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:03 am

Seen quite a few youth hunters out for youth fest #2 this morning,this split is making me more pissed by the day......so stupid....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:28 am

Not much for birds for three youths to shoot.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:41 am

lanyard wrote:Not much for birds for three youths to shoot.

3,000?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:Let the roost busting MEA kids begin. Got a text last night from a high school kid that I told I would take out once harvest was done. He sent me a picture with a pond loaded with geese and said his boss got permission for him. It's the biggest roost within a 15 mile radius of the area. Three years ago someone jumped it and there was maybe 5% of the birds that are normally there the rest of the year. It holds 1K-5K birds basically all season once they make it down here. Tried convincing him to hold off and not hunt the pond because it'll screw up the rest of the year but I'm pretty sure he's hunting it this morning.

I'm not the "typical" field hunter you all hate that thinks water hunting screws up field hunting and all that non sense but this situation really does suck.

If he let them go out and feed then set up and pop a few groups coming back it'd be ok but he won't.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:45 am

gimpfinger wrote:If he let them go out and feed then set up and pop a few groups coming back it'd be ok but he won't.

Team Power Dump

Exactly! I even explained that to him. Havent heard anything from him yet this morning. Will text him at lunch to find out what he did. I just gotta tell myself I'm sure I did the same thing at his age and after all, it's only birds.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:47 am

9manfan wrote:Seen quite a few youth hunters out for youth fest #2 this morning,this split is making me more pissed by the day......so stupid....

Im sure any new birds that showed up will be blasted out of the state by saturday. Two days if heavy gunning takes a toll.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”