Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:50 am

9manfan wrote:first and goal at the 1 and you throw the ball 4 times....WTF.......maybe Rodgers is a head case and changed the running plays to pass plays, kinda what I'm reading between the lines this morning.......

I was thinking the same thing. No way any coach in their right mind doesn't take a shot at running it in at least once....had to be Rodgers thinking he knew best. Gotta love that type of delusional arrogance, especially when it's starting to cost them games instead of win them for the legendary Green Gay Fudge Packers!!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

JayRo
Coot Commander

Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:28 pm

At this point in my life a Packers loss is more satisfying than a Vikings win...…………………...and it is not even close.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:54 pm

I think everyone except the GB organization sees what a cancer Rodgers is. So fing arrogant...gets the head coach fired cause he knows how to run the offense better. Love how after every missed play the camera focuses on Rodgers face to show him grimace and fault the intended receiver for not catching the ball

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 am

JayRo wrote:At this point in my life a Packers loss is more satisfying than a Vikings win...…………………...and it is not even close.

I’m not quite there yet, but it’s damn close. Love seeing GB lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:45 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I think everyone except the GB organization sees what a cancer Rodgers is. So fing arrogant...gets the head coach fired cause he knows how to run the offense better. Love how after every missed play the camera focuses on Rodgers face to show him grimace and fault the intended receiver for not catching the ball

Yeah, he was a hell of a lot better early on when he was still in Favre's shadow with a lot to prove and desperately wanting everyone to like him.

He was so freaking good. The best QB I've ever seen, by far. All those years when we kept trawling out Ponder, when I was forced to watch a lot of those games in Milwaukee with the in-laws, and it was just painful to watch how good Rodgers was. Every time the pocket would break down he'd evade a defender...then two...then three....like he had eyes in the back of his head and was covered in teflon....then he'd roll out, scramble, and make the most spectacular-precise-surgical throw while off-balanced, his throwing foot not planted but not even on the ground....throw after throw that seemed impossible he made 'em routinely.

Now he's just another middle of the pack NFL QB. This year and all of last year he's not nearly as accurate. He'll hit guys running a near perfect route on the wrong shoulder....slightly overthrow or underthrow it a lot more often....

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's bad, but he's no longer great. He's just a pretty good QB that doesn't cost his team a lot of turnovers.

There'll be a point reached very soon, if it hasn't happened already, where his increasing drawbacks will be negative enough to outweigh his diminishing strengths on the field. Like you said....he'll be a big enough cancer to cost his team games versus what they'd get out of having a different and just so-so QB in there that isn't a primadonna who refuses to be coached.

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
JayRo wrote:At this point in my life a Packers loss is more satisfying than a Vikings win...…………………...and it is not even close.

I’m not quite there yet, but it’s damn close. Love seeing GB lose.

Oooh, tough one....it's at least even for me and a GB loss might even be slightly more satisfying.

Anyone have any predictions for tomorrow they're confident in?

I have no idea....zero expectations for what will or should happen. I can see the Vikes getting blown out to winning in blow out fashion, and anything and everything in-between.

Chicago has a key guy out on D, but we always play terrible at Soldier Field....so I dunno....it'll be an interesting game regardless.....
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:51 am

Vikes lose today. We always do at soldier field. It will be close tho. Their offense sucks and our defense is good.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:22 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Vikes lose today. We always do at soldier field. It will be close tho. Their offense sucks and our defense is good.

And it will be in typical Vikings fashion: they need to do some random routine thing like a field goal under 40 yards, make a PAT, or not fumble.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:52 pm

Embarrassing, simply embarrassing of how badly the MN O line played. Allowing 6 sacks, plus them Get at QB to cause fumbles, + a solid wall that Cook ran into. And remember that the Bears had 2 starting D linemen out so we were playing against some 2nd stringers.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm

When this is all over, the Kirk Cousins experiment will go down as a close 2nd, behind the Herschel Walker trade, as the worst personnel blunder in Vikings history.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:13 pm

It’s up there for sure. There were a lot of people saying how terrible of an idea it was at the time. My purple colored glasses didn’t let me see it, but they were all right.

I think people need to accept that Zimmer is a dinosaur and we need a new head coach.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”