lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Votes needed

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:08 am

Hey Hombres,

A few years back I had posted about my business at that time and we were in the running for a Super Bowl commercial. We finished as a Semi-Finalist. Bite in the ass, but it's the way it goes.

Like that deal, we're now in the running for a FedEx Small Business Grant and could use some votes: https://tinyurl.com/zcb5bs2

A bit about the business that doesn't come through on the FedEx site:
1) started it in my kitchen with 5 things from my cupboard. My kid is that kid that messes up your kids' classroom: peanuts and tree nuts will kill him. So, rather than being a parent that builds bubbles around him I started developing food products that are as good or better than the replacements so YOUR kids will like them and not make my kid look like the asshole :-)

2) We make all of our own products in Minnesota. We currently have operations in Fergus Falls and are expanding to Ada. From 800 to 8,000 square feet. Sunflower is our primary ingredient and it is sourced from Breckenridge, MN.

3) This thing has been self-funded with the exception of one friend that put some money in.

4) Working on changing it, but I still make all of the product. I have 3 part-time/on call employees for production and a partner that helps with the marketing and sales. Anyone that orders product from us likely has had me: make it, do the dishes, and ship it

5) Why do these "votes" matter: because some jack ass in a corporate marketing department has to put barriers so their final panel can look at a small group of companies. I hate asking for votes, I prefer to win things on merit like business plans, sales, product and execution. But, if "votes" is the ante and I want to play, well, ante up.

I appreciate the opportunity to pitch my wares and thank you in advance if you click through and cast one for my crew. Right now, $25k gets us a whole lot of things we need. It's not $25k in my pocket, it actually goes to build the business.

Best,

Rob "Lanyard" Fuglie

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Votes needed

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:54 pm

Congrats! I'll try to remember to vote a few more times since you can every 24hrs

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:12 am

Thanks MLDS!

Never sure how they weight these things, so going with "every vote I can find"

bobackwater
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Done. Not sure what or why I voted but I did.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:56 am

You voted for a company that will contribute more Economic Value than any government :-)

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:31 am

I tossed ya a vote, and have ordered your product in the past! Good stuff.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

Threw you a vote and found out I'm not a robot......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

tbuc
Coot Commander

Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Are we going to see you on Sharktank?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm

tbuc wrote:Are we going to see you on Sharktank?

I hope not. If I have to kiss that much ass I'll work at Arby's and eat discount tri-taters.

I don't hate the show, just a bit of a chip on my shoulder as it's more about good television than about good investment/business.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Congrats on the expansion. Vote cast.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”