Mergie Marauder

Re: Spring Chronicles....

Thu May 31, 2018 6:33 am

114 days to Duck Opener....

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Found 4 morels last night looking hard...seem to be fresh and just popping. Or there's just not going to be many this year on our property, probably check one more time sunday

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Spring Chronicles....

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:47 am

Its done here. Shifting gears to looking for chicken of the woods till end of June then its chantrells, hogs and bolets.
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Found 4 morels last night looking hard...seem to be fresh and just popping. Or there's just not going to be many this year on our property, probably check one more time sunday

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:55 am

I smacked a hen with the windshield of my car. I got on the break enough I think she survived. She was flying with a drake, guessing she's working on a 2nd nest, but those eggs might be scrambled now.

Had my daughter in the car and when I yelled, "DUCK!', she ducked. then we felt bad for a second and laughed all the way home. We figured we had the right of way, the hen jay-flew and could have flown higher or turned.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 am

There was a major molt migration on Saturday. Saw several flocks ranging from a couple dozen to 100+ birds. About every 20 minutes another flock would come over. The youngins couldn't form a very good v in that big east wind. Seems late for them to be migrating.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm

I saw some Friday PM. Not that late really, as I've seen them migrating as late as the 3rd week of June.

I saw the 1st lightning bugs (fireflies) last Friday evening too.

Kind of strange I have not seen any ducklings yet. The water did not open up until 1st week of May, add 40 days for egg laying and incubation. I think by this time next week there will be an explosion of them.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:57 pm

Went to the local park/sanctuary today and saw lots of new baby ducks. Geese all had young ones, of all sizes and ages. Weird year.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:43 am

My wife saw a 12 pack of ducklings yesterday in our front yard walking back to the pond. They looked newly hatched, plenty of bugs and shelter back there.

bigdog
Coot Commander

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 am

Lots of Canda's flying North on Tuesday moring as well, flocks of 100 or better. Also had a group of 9 loons flying around the lake.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Spring Chronicles....

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Nershi wrote:There was a major molt migration on Saturday. Saw several flocks ranging from a couple dozen to 100+ birds. About every 20 minutes another flock would come over. The youngins couldn't form a very good v in that big east wind. Seems late for them to be migrating.
Well last week I heard snows go over so who knows what's normal.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”