Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Light Rail

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:39 am

Wow color me shocked it is way over budget!!! You can almost be certain these governement deals will always be way over budget. Just all of this to get people downtown when Minneapolis has a 35% occupency rate now for workers and is likely never coming back .Alot of those people will work at home forever and add in the crime in Minneapolis and who in the heck is going to ride this thing.

https://www.fox9.com/news/southwest-lig ... until-2027

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Re: Light Rail

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:05 am

Right! There is never a government project that is ever on budget. Light rail in MN is the biggest waste of taxpayer money.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:32 am

Light Rail?? Never heard of her!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:08 pm

Hot Rail? Sure, I'll do one!

LRT is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen government do.....and that's coming from a guy who personally loved it when I lived in Minneapolis. It was great getting sloppy and hopping on the train to go downtown or South to the mall.

The reality is that it'd be far less expensive buying new cars for the actual commuters.

As in literally....it would pencil out to be a fraction of the money to buy every mofo using the LRT as their main mode of transportation a car.

I can go on and on about how stupid LRT is so yeah.....totally agree.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:05 pm

Shit my hole town wants to put in a splash pad for kids to play in for like $2 mil.

For another $850,000 or so they can get some pre fab bathrooms and a covered picnic area.

I don’t know shit about building but I know that $850,000 for 2 pre fab handicap accessible bathrooms and a covered picnic area is f n ridiculous. You could built 2 damn nice houses for that much!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:37 pm

emptymag wrote:Shit my hole town wants to put in a splash pad for kids to play in for like $2 mil.

For another $850,000 or so they can get some pre fab bathrooms and a covered picnic area.

I don’t know shit about building but I know that $850,000 for 2 pre fab handicap accessible bathrooms and a covered picnic area is f n ridiculous. You could built 2 damn nice houses for that much!

Your post made me remember this oldie but goodie.....sums up what you're pointing out pretty nicely in my opinion.....

https://youtu.be/qKRuhiMDOjo
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:23 am

don't even get me started on LR...

Simply put I think the Met council members should be tried for breaking the US Constitution of taxation without representation. They are appointed, not elected. As such they should be sentenced to life without parole of hard labor in a rock quarry of 12 hrs a day 6 days a week like 140 yrs. While at it, throw Walz in with them.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

JayRo
Coot Commander

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:50 pm

They haven't even finished the SW line boondoggle and they are continuing to plan the NW line boondoggle. Obviously, they learned nothing on the SW line experience. Another billion dollar farce...........

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Walz was on the news last night huffing and puffing,

"It's not like we can keep adding more lanes on the roads for more cars!"

Actually you can....and you can do it at a fraction of the cost....and they'll actually be used by productive people who will be driving to work....and paying taxes.....you fukcing djpshit Walz.....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:00 pm

"Hey, why do they call it 'Light Rail' when everyone who rides it is dark?"

"Hey, why don't we change the name to the 'Somali Trolley' so there's less confusion?"

Bah-Da-Duhm-Chee! [Rimshot]
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”