Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Serious question for Fowler

Fri May 02, 2014 9:28 am

Serious question for Fowler -

Would you entertain the idea of doing something funny, entertaining, etc. (within reason, maybe not getting punched in face :lol: ) for a donation to any organization of your choice if the price was right?
Or you could use the money for wood duck house material and fuel for you truck - it would be up to you.

Here's how I envision it -

-members here would come up with ideas and Hammer would pick out three good ones and you would put your price on the ideas, then the members could vote
-money would be raised thru pledges on the site

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Serious question for Fowler

Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am

This is a fantastic idea.

Whats the fine for shooting a speck during the spring snow goose season? That's how much I'll donate.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri May 02, 2014 12:05 pm

I'd rather that members would send extra $ to DU, PF, Delta for adopt a pothole projects or send it to the Big Ducks chapter of the MWA so that it can be added to their projects fund as it the right thing to do to be of help habitat wise.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I'd rather that members would send extra $ to DU, PF, Delta for adopt a pothole projects or send it to the Big Ducks chapter of the MWA so that it can be added to their projects fund as it the right thing to do to be of help habitat wise.

I think we could get $2,000 pretty easy.....just think how much gas and duck houses could be built. I would rather give money to you than DU. If I give it to you there is only one person lining their pockets and DU there are many.

Maybe you could do a polar plunge or something. Nothing too crazy.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 12:41 pm

I think $2,000 would be tough given the current member base.

I would be willing to put $50 towards something worthy enough though.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 12:45 pm

shnelson wrote:I think $2,000 would be tough given the current member base.

I would be willing to put $50 towards something worthy enough though.

You underestimate you current members! You have a couple heavy hitters on here that I know about so there are probly more. If Fowler did something cool and pics were posted I have no doubt money wouldn't be a problem.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 12:47 pm

No pictures, we'd film it and broadcast live on the site. I think it would be a huge hit, whatever it is...

Night Hawk
Coot Commander

Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm

How about a live feed of the H2O master and Franny pants on a hunt at North?

Get one of the river rats to take them out, leave them on island and LETS GET IT ON!

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I'd rather that members would send extra $ to DU, PF, Delta for adopt a pothole projects or send it to the Big Ducks chapter of the MWA so that it can be added to their projects fund as it the right thing to do to be of help habitat wise.

Do you know how much the ticket is for shooting a speck in the spring time? I would like to donate that much, I need to make up for someone that might be on this site, that didn't turn themselves in.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Trigger wrote:

Do you know how much the ticket is for shooting a speck in the spring time? I would like to donate that much, I need to make up for someone that might be on this site, that didn't turn themselves in.

I don't currently know, but I'm sure someday I will.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”